C H A P T E R 24

GAMES

"Don't be ridiculous

"Don't be ridiculous." Austen's with Erica and there was no way she'd feel that way about me now.

Instead of answering, Penelope gave me another spoonful. When I told her to stop feeding me everything and to eat too, somebody cleared her throat.

"I told you so," Penelope whispered.

Austen, jealous?

I doubt it.

"What brought you here, Penelope?" I heard Austen ask. "Why are you with Sam?"

More like a kid who doesn't want anyone to take her toys even after she has thrown them away.

I felt Penelope's thumb gently wipe the bottom corner of my lip before she answered, "Unwinding, a little getaway to clear the mind. The island is the perfect location."

"The sea, sun and white sand are wonderful." That was Tony. "I'm getting the perfect tan." He was trying to moderate the talk.

"How long have you been here?" Austen was relentless. "I thought you were busy with work and trying to win your heiress girlfriend back?"

Heiress girlfriend?

"What was her name again?" Austen continued, "Ruen? Or was it Prim?" I felt Penelope's hand gently squeeze on my arm as she fed me again.

"Aus!" Andrea admonished her friend. I heard her low hissing whisper, "What's the matter with you?"

"What?" Austen feigned ignorance at the veiled insinuation of her cousin's past girlfriends, "Just asking."

"Aus, that's enough." It was Erica this time.

I don't get why we have to pretend this dinner was civil.

"We got here last night," I answered the first question. As much as I'd like to answer the last part, I don't know who was whom she was referring to.

"Would you guys like another bottle of wine?" Raymund asked. "I don't know about you but I am in desperate need of a drink right now."

I heard the waiter come and take his order.

Yeah, let us fire up the night with fine liquor.

That will help.

Not!

* * *

Her petty childish ways are one of the things that I didn't like about her

Her petty childish ways are one of the things that I didn't like about her. From the moment we came, I could see the jealous glint in her eyes when Samantha showed up in my arms.

I sipped on my glass of wine and reached for Samantha's hand under the table. Her hands were cold. "You ok?" I quietly asked her.

If I could, I would have muffled Austen up.

Why bring up the subject of my previous relationships in front of Samantha?

"Uhuh, the sea breeze maybe getting to me," She gave me the faintest smile.

Don't let her get into your head.

I clasped both of her hands in mine and blew on them. "You can scoot a little closer to me." I put my arm back around her shoulders as she leaned into me.

I relaxed when she did. Kissing her temple, I asked her if she wanted a drink. She would need one if my cousin was this overly engaging. When she shook her head no, I took her wine glass for myself.

In the corner of my eye, I caught Austen's censure. Her eyebrow's scrunched up and her grip on her glass tightened.

She looks like she is ready to murder me.

"So, you back with Ruen? Or Prim?" Sometimes, my cousin's idiocy makes me want to bash her head in. The one I am with is Samantha; the answer should have been obvious.

Unless...

She was doing it on purpose to shake us up.

"Ruen is a dear friend and is now happily married." Being dragged into Austen's show needs a ton of patience. Good thing I always come with loads of it when she's around.

"Prim?" She tends to be too much at times. I just don't get how she's had her nose in my business in the first place. I could almost swear she knew the names of every girlfriend I've had.

"I don't know. Last thing I heard she is engaged." I am under no obligation to tell her anything nor explain myself so I stopped at that. "How are you guys going back to the main island? When are you heading out?"

"We've rented a yacht to take us back," Erica answered. "We're leaving the day after tomorrow. What about you guys?"

"We'll be leaving early morning tomorrow." It was Samantha who answered. She lifted her head up to me, waiting for me to affirm what she has just said.

We haven't decided on that but if it is what she wants, and then we sail at the break of dawn.

I couldn't stop the smile that outlined my lips. I kissed her forehead and said, "I don't want you burning in this heat for too long and you have a presentation to attend to."

"Presentation... or are you just in a hurry to leave because of me." Austen butted in.

"Austen." My cousin was pushing too much. The nerve she has to even imply that Samantha's decisions still revolve around her.

I resisted the urge to look at Samantha in question.

It didn't right?

"I am afraid you're going to have to excuse us." I stood when Samantha made a move to stand and leave. "It's almost time for Tisha to call in."

Checking my watch, I was surprised to learn that she was right. Tisha usually calls around seven in the evening.

"Thank you for the meal." With a hand on her back, I helped her away from the table after thanking everyone and saying goodbye.

We were on the way to the dock when Samantha stopped and turned to kiss me. Her body was pressed to mine as she deepened the kiss.

I could still taste the sweet chocolate in her tongue. The urgency in her lips spurred me on that standing upright was a challenge when all I ever wanted was to have her on the sand.

Her wandering hands came under my shirt and started a growing need. Her cold fingers teased my heated back. The kiss was only halted as we nearly toppled over when she rested one of her hands on the swell of my chest.

"You had no trouble carrying me before so why did we almost fall?" Her teasing smile was full of mischief. "Tsk tsk tsk."

"Know that it's your fault." I gently bit at her bottom lip in punishment. I felt her smile before I pulled back, "Naughty Red."

Chuckling, she hugged me closer. My hands rounded her waist as I couldn't seem to get her close enough. "I think I'll stock up on chocolates in the near future. I like tasting them on you."

"Ooohhh, a woman after my own heart," Her breath was warm on my neck. My knees almost lost all sensations they nearly buckled I had to hold onto her for support. "I'm keeping you."

I held her tighter then started kissing her again. My hand rose to cup the back of her head. My fingers entangled in soft hair, I urged her to never part her lips from mine.

My Red.

"Sammie!" My cousin's voice broke through the fantasy. I heard her approach us but I refuse to let Samantha go just yet.

Ever since I have always given in to her...

But not this time!