C H A P T E R 16

CHOICE

I came back home to an empty apartment directly after further discussions in Samantha's hospital room

I came back home to an empty apartment directly after further discussions in Samantha's hospital room. She has made it clear that under no circumstance should her blindness be made known in the span of the five weeks we settled on.

I already agreed so I will keep my word.

I was blown by the way she took charge of things. Her instructions were on point despite the restrictions that her current situation boxed her in.

The first two weeks would give Samantha the much needed time to recuperate, Lizzie to learn from Samuels and Samuels to get everything up and running for the headquarters and then help with the preparations for the mall.

Samuels shall be responsible for the development of the headquarters. She shall take in that girl, Lizzie, with her to help show her the basics. Lizzie would also have to learn to use computer-aided design software as Samantha would require her help from time to time.

The next three weeks would prove to be a challenge if Samantha doesn't fully regain her sight. They would have to do the revisions at her verbal instruction but she would not have the means to do it herself.

I pray that her vision returns.

Not just for the sake of the next project, I really hope it does.

I've seen her struggle and I could sense the underlying depression her affliction is causing.

That lunch, she only ordered burger, fries and her hot chocolate. I don't even think she enjoyed her food. And not that she didn't like it, she was so conscious about eating—careful not to leave traces of grease and cheese—slow and calculated; she didn't want to show weakness after the incident that brought her in the hospital.

Discreetly, I watched her eat and followed every movement she made. It was hard but I stifled a moan as I saw her lick her fingers when the mustard dripped.

How could she make eating look so erotic?

Like foreplay.

Fanning myself with my hand as heat crept up my face, I saw Samuels giving me look of open rage.

Yes, rage.

If her eyes could shoot lasers, nobody would know I was with her last.

Pushing the thoughts at the back of my mind, I got up on my bed and under the covers.

Unfriendly, that's what she was before she took me to meet Samantha. Hostile, that's what she was the whole ride back to their office to get my car. Though she didn't throw me out of the running car, a murderous aura was rolling off of her in waves.

Was she in a relationship with Samantha?

I caught myself wishing she isn't. The last thing I saw before drifting off to sleep was her standing in front of me, her red hair loose and her smile bright.