29| Only The Beginning

Start from the beginning

You

What the?  Who is this?

Unknown

A shame you don't remember that sweet old lady yesterday.

You

You're her!? How did you get my number?

Unknown

I have my ways dear.

The flashback from yesterday came quick to your mind, a short one at that.

×

You were getting one of your dizzy spells again, and sadly you weren't in a safe spot to stop and recollect yourself.  So with all the energy you could muster at that moment, you stumbled down the empty hallway of your school, your hand dragging along the wall to sorta keep you up.

"Oh, dear!  Are you okay?" shouted a voice full of worry.  You looked up to the owner to see a gentle-looking old lady who looked to be in her late 70's.

With a huff, you pushed yourself up again, smiling at the woman. "Don't worry, I-I'm fine."

"No, no.  Here, let me help you,"

×

How did she get your number!  That's what creeped you out.

You

What's with the stage one thing?  What's that about?

Unknown

I can't tell you yet darling, but beware, things will be strange and confusing.  Trust me though, you'll be fine. This is only the beginning.

You

Hey!  Wait!

With a huff of annoyance, you threw your phone to the other side of the couch. 

What was that woman talking about!  She's confusing and. . scaring me. .

Your eyes drooped closed and soon enough you fell back into dream land.

You safely made it home. Kyungsoo's dad happily taking you back, and with him, tagged along your friends who hugged you goodbye as you turned and entered the quiet apartment.

Strange, it's really quiet.

You tried to switch a light on but literally you were blind at this state. You're not like them, being able to see so perfectly in the darkness while the dark had always brought fear to you, as it did now.

I can't see. . Where is everyone?

Shuffling could be heard from what you thought was your right, so you instinctively moved to your left, crouching down in a corner carefully. You brought your knees up to your chest, hugging them close in fear as you held back tears. You couldn't help but feel pathetic. A fourteen year old girl crying because she's scared of the darkness. You could clearly picture a certain someone *cough* Kyungsoo *cough* laughing at you because of it.

"[Y/n]? Why are you crying on the floor?" a deep voice asked, and by the sound of it you suspected it was Taehyung.

You looked up to where you thought he was as you tried to wipe your eyes quickly, faking a smile. "Me? Crying? Nah," you lied, covering it up with a fake laugh while inside you tried to calm yourself down.

"I'm not stupid." he pointed out.  You could feel his gaze on you even though you still couldn't see anything. You decided that since Taehyung could see through you anyway, you would tell him your secret.

"I'm. . . scared. . of the dark." you muttered ever so quietly.  Sometimes you wished you could see through the pitch blackness so it wasn't so scary.

"The dark isn't so bad. I used to be scared of the light," he confessed, his voice seeming embarrassed or shy.

"The light? Because of what you are?" you questioned curiously.

"Sorta. I've always been. . in the darkness, so it was home to me. One day I seen the light for the first time, it was so bright. I can remember how I thought I was blind for awhile and how I cried stupidly." he shyly laughed.

"Huh. You're a wimp."

"A wimp!? I'll have you know that I'm very strong and brave!" he retorted, suddenly laying his hand on your shoulder, making you flinch but soon relax.

You chuckled lightly. "Yeah right."

— A/N —
Sorry that nothing happened much in this one. I really tried.
Have a nice day/night.