Jenga

After coming home you just headed back to your little house and hung out on the couch, watching TV, scrolling on Instagram just normal stuff. Suddenly you hear a knock on the door, you open it and see Grayson standing there for the second time today,

"Hey" he says, "I'm bored and I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me"

"Why don't you just ask Ethan?" you ask as your attention is drawn back to your phone,

"Ethan left to hang out with a friend" Grayson said staying at the door frame

"Then go make some friends" you say wanting to go back to the couch,

"You're my only friend, please?"

You laugh at him, "What are we shopping for exactly?"

"Plants." he says back so casually,

"Plants?" you ask looking him straight in the eyes,

"Yes, I want plants for my room." He says, you thought it was a joke but he's being serious, 

"Why would I want to go plant shopping with you?" you ask laughing at the whole situation,

"I don't know, might as well you have nothing else to do!" 

"Okay fine, I'll go plant shopping with you" you smile turning around to find some shoes while Grayson lets out a victory cheer.

Grayson drives you to his selected plant store, and you follow him inside, where he walks straight past the plant section,

"Grayson, the plants are right here" you say motioning to the little plant nursery,

"Oh no I don't want real plants I want fake ones." he says turning back around. Grayson was very strange, but that made him very funny. Why were you on an impromptu fake plant shopping trip with him?  and more importantly why was it fun? You had no real answer for either question. Grayson just had a way of turning anything ordinary into extraordinary.

"Here they are!" he announces pulling you from your thoughts, 

"Perfect" you say as he begins investigating the different plants,

"I know where I want them, I just don't know what I want" he says picking up a grouping of plastic succulents. He keeps the ones he was looking at moves on to the next group. You walk over to some plants and look yourself. You liked one of them that was in a little white pot, it was tall, and looked like long pieces of grass,

"Hey Gray," you call to him deciding that if he was going to use a nickname you were too, "I like this one"

he walks over and looks at the plant, you were really excited about it, not sure why because it was just a plant, but Grayson made plant shopping feel exciting. Your smile fades when you see the look of disappointment on Grayson's face. "This plant has to character!" He shouts gesturing his hand towards it. "Hey!" you defend the plant, "Who are you to say this plant has no character? Huh? have you spent a lot of quality time with this plant Grayson? You know what for that matter lets just go ahead and say I have no character!" You throw your hands up and are about to continue teaching Grayson his lesson about judging a plant by its looks when you see a rope underneath a table of plants. Before Grayson can see anything you put your finger up saying "Hold on." You crouch down to pick  up the rope and wrap it around the vase, " Is that enough character for you?" You question him. 

"No!" he's so stubborn, "Now it's just a plant with no character in a white vase with a dirty rope on it!"

"Okay fine! You want character? Oh I'll find you character." You storm around the store looking for something, literally anything to give that poor dreadful plant character. You aren't so sure why you were suddenly so passionate about plant's equal rights but like you said, Grayson had a way. Somehow you find your self in the home decor section of the store, there has to be something here, you think to yourself. That's when you see it, next to a big grey couch there's a little white stool. It had cut outs of circles on each side. This was perfect, you throw the display books on the floor, but pause yourself when you catch the eyes of a worker, you pick the books off the floor putting them on a coffee table and return to your mission: getting the stool to the character-less plant.