Three Blind Mice

ETHAN'S POV:

Gray and I are at James house surprising him with his piano and bench, which we had customized to say SISTERS, to make them more personal to him, and we were guessing he liked them because by the end of it he was a sobbing mess. I couldn't but think about Allison the entire time, I was a little pushy ans rude trying to get through the video as soon as possible, I just didn't want Allison sitting there waiting for me.

When we finished I jumped in the car and headed for the hospital, It had probably been 45 minutes instead of the half hour I promised, and I knew she wouldn't mind but that didn't stop me from feeling bad. I texted her that I was outside and she walked out, without crutches and instead with a boot, I felt happy for her that she didn't have to hobble around with those anymore. 

She hopped in the passenger's seat, "Hey" I said as she closed the door, Instead of answering, she crossed her arms and stared out the window, I am extremely confused, but start the car and begin driving back to the house.

I wanted to break the silence so I looked over to her, "I bet you are excited to be off those crutches"

"Yeah" she responded still staring out the window. I found this really strange, because Allison was always talkative and bubbly. She must be angry that I was late, I thought now feeling really bad, I should have made them wrap up the video earlier. 

"I'm really really sorry I was late," I said looking to her again, "The last surprise lasted longer than I expected." She looked at me for the first time since she got in the car, "It's okay" she said, quickly returning her gaze back to the window. 

Clearly something was wrong, but I had a feeling she didn't want to talk about it. Instead of pushing I turned up the radio and we took a silent ride home. When we got back to the house, she got out of the car and told me she was going to go shower,

'Go ahead' is what I was going to say, but she disappeared into my room before I could get the words out.  I felt really bad, I have no idea what could have happened at the doctor's office, I thought getting your cast off was a good thing. I was about to head into the kitchen when Grayson comes out of his room holding an assortment of items from his brand new survival kit,

"Dude!" he said staring at the things in his hands, "I am totally going camping now" That gave me an idea,

"That sounds perfect, do you want to take Allison" I said smiling at him

"What? No." he replyed dryly back, but I knew I could change his mind,

"No you definitely should," I say trying to sound as persuasive as possible, "If you take her camping it gives Mr. Kate a perfect time to come over, plus she's really sad today, I think you would have fun"

"If you want her out of the house, give her to James." he said, turning around heading back to his room, I followed him,

"No, James has a meet and greet for his pallet, please? You have a massive tent now you would barley notice her!" Grayson looked at me, he looked frustrated, but I could tell he was debating the pro's and con's,

"I'll sell your nutcracker if you don't" I said trying to keep a straight face,

"Fine!" he exploded, "I'll take her, but you owe me"

"I owe you nothing, now if you excuse me, I am going to call Mr. Kate and tell them to come over tomorrow, I'll let you know but they'll probably need a couple days." I said, leaving his room.

GRAYSON'S POV: 

I start packing my bags for the trip, I was very angry at Ethan, this was supposed to be a nice relaxing time, but now I have to take Allison, and sure I can't come up for a good reason not to take her, I just don't want to okay?

After I finished angrily shoving clothes in my bag, I walked out to the hall to find Ethan, he was sitting on the couch on his phone,

"Where is she?" I asked him, without even looking up he said, "I don't know she's been in my room for over an hour now.

I head for his room and knock on the door, It opens and Allison takes a quick look at me, I could clearly see she had been crying. Her face was red and puffy and there were tear stains all over her clothes, before I could even ask she shuts the door.

"Allison" I call through the door, "Open it please"

"No." she responds, while I hear the click of her locking the door. 

I stood there for a second, "Are you okay?" I ask,

"Yeah, I'm fine" Allison says from the other side of the door, I don't really want to deal with this right now, so I decide to ignore it and just move on, "Okay well pack your bags were going camping tomorrow"

"What?" she asks, "Why?" 

"Because we are, just make sure you've got a couple days worth of clothes." then I just walked back to my room. Should I have made sure she was okay? Oh yeah, totally but I'll let Ethan deal with this one, she's in his room anyway.

YOUR POV:

You hear Grayson walk away, you were still extremely confused where the whole camping concept came from but it would be fine. You just needed to get your shit together, mentally and physically. You started with the physical aspect and just threw some clothes in a random backpack you found in Ethan's closet, you knew he wouldn't mind. There wasn't much to pack, It's not like you had anything, on a technical level nothing in that room was yours.

You then head to the mirror and look yourself in the eye for the millionth time today. You wash your face with some cold water hoping it would make you look like you were crying for more like half an hour instead of a full one. The camping trip would probably be a lot of fun. A change of scenery for sure. You are also a little stressed and anxious at the fact that Grayson was going, but it would be alright. Ethan would be there and as long Ethan was there everything would be okay.