The Guest House

ETHAN'S POV:

Somehow Grayson and I ended up in a music store, because Grayson insisted on getting James a piano for Christmas. I had never seen so many pianos in my lifetime.

"Which one?" Grayson asked sounding as overwhelmed as I felt.

"I don't know just choose one, YOU are the piano player!"

With that Grayson sat down at the first piano and played a random phrase he had memorized then moved to the next one, aren't all pianos the same? I thought to myself watching my idiotic brother play each one. It didn't really matter though, we had all day James always takes forever to shop. I was really worried about Alison stuck with James. James is honestly one of my best friends in the world, and I know he's super welcoming and kind. Its just that he's... a lot to take in, especially when you only have four days worth of memories. The holidays are so stressful for anyone, it had to be extra stressful for someone who had no money, or memories, or family... but she has us.

"Hey Gray!" I shouted at Grayson who was now a significant amount of pianos away.

"What?" he shouted back, clearly distracted by the amount of time he was taking inspecting a pure white piano. 

Instead of shouting down to him I just decide to go meet him by the piano, "What if we got Alison a present too?"

"Why would we get her a gift we barley know her?" Grayson was now looking at me but resting his hand on the piano he clearly had decided on buying.

"Well I don't know, it's Christmas and she literally has no one." I said looking to the floor instead of his eyes. Grayson was quiet for a moment and he looked deep in thought.

"What if we gave her a key to the guest house?" he suggested leaning against the wall behind him,

"Gray we can't do that the only thing in there is spiders! she can't sleep on the floor!"

"No, that's not what  I was suggesting" I met his eyes again, "we could clean it all up and put some furniture in there, then we both win. Alison gets a place to stay for now and we get a finally furnished guest house."

"That's perfect! We can go shopping for the furniture literally down the street!" I was getting excited now Alison would love this.

"Sounds Gucci bro, let me just buy this piano" I cringed a little at Grayson's choice of words, but probably more at the price of a pure white grand piano.

"Okay" I looked at Gray as we walked in the entrance of the furniture store, "I'll go one way, you go the other and just pick out anything you think would look good, I'll meet you back here."

We split up and I just grabbed random crap that I thought might look good. Mostly dark wood, and black pieces. While walking by one of the displays I noticed a big black bench that I first thought would be perfect for the guest house, but after taking a closer look I realized I had found James' Christmas present.

James sat on a hard uncomfortable bench while filming 8 hour videos under hot ring lights, It was literally like sitting on a slab of drift wood you picked off the side of a river. This bench on the other hand was super comfortable and fit his style perfectly. That's when I spotted Grayson running around one of the fake bedroom set ups.

"Gray!"I shouted at him, he quickly spun around and spotted me lugging the strangest pile of nick knacks with him that I had ever seen. "What are those?" I asked him eyeing in specific the stone Chinese dragon book end, and the red, green, and brown plaid pillow.

"That's funny, because I was about to ask you the same question" he responded looking at the pile of crap in my arms. At this point I realized it wasn't smart for us to split up at all, we had completely different styles, there was no way in hell this would ever work.

"Gray," I said looking back up at him, "I still have Mr. Kate's number, should I ask them if they could decorate the house"

"Yes," he responded taking one last look between our items, "definitely".