Chapter Fifty Three-Think Lovely Thoughts

↬↬↬

I only own Jade/Camilla and my ideas.

There were times when Peter had thought that his parents disliked his presence in their life, from the way that they briefly ignore him to the constant arguing that they have with one another about him

There were times when Peter had thought that his parents disliked his presence in their life, from the way that they briefly ignore him to the constant arguing that they have with one another about him. It wasn't like he weren't used to this; it was more like a daily occurrence for him, it was something which bothered him a bit. All that he wanted was a chance to have a normal family, a life where his parents weren't fighting, a life where his father wouldn't come home from the tavern drunk out his mind. A life where it was peaceful.

That's all that Peter ever wanted, which was why he drew the line when his father came home one night, telling Peter that he'd amount to nothing if he didn't start pulling his weight. But that's the thing, while Peter done all the heavy stuff, like running the stall that his family had owned for however long, making money from anything and everything which he could think of – while his no-good father was at the tavern using the money he got to buy his way into getting drunk out of his mind. And it was those nights he'd spend with his friend.

His only friend that is. Others didn't want to befriend the child of the village drunk, just like his friend who people didn't want to be associated with considering that he's own father had abandoned him from such a young age. So, Peter and his friend would spend most nights together while Peter's father was drinking like there was no tomorrow, and his friend could stay out as long as he could.

Plus it wasn't like they couldn't defend themselves. They were both in their late teens. Yet even so, they were both still children who dreamt of being able to have normal parents who actually cared for them. But life was cruel to them and gave them the devil's spawn. Or even worse, fate came into play and their fathers either left them or didn't even bother with anything based around them. As much as they wished for a father who cared for them, they knew that they wouldn't get it. Peter's father was a drunk and his friend's father was nothing more than a coward.

Peter was sat in front of a fire, there was something about being sat with an open fire in front of him which always calmed him, especially if he was under the night sky while he didn't have to worry about much. Okay, he worried about what his father would do when he got home, but that wasn't something he wanted to think about at the moment. All he wanted was to relax as much as he could before something bad happened.

A part of him wanted to find somewhere for him and his father to restart – a chance for them to be happy away from anything but he knew that no matter how much he wished for it to happen, it wouldn't. He knew that it wouldn't happen because no matter where they went, his father would continue with his drinking and would proceed to not care. Plus he couldn't leave his friend behind when he had no one. As much as Peter wanted to leave, he knew that he couldn't leave one of his few friends behind when he needed it.