Chicken

Y/N's POV

They said exercising can reduce your period down, which is why I decided to wake up early and jog somewhere. I'm lately slacking around too. I should be involved in some physical activities to make my body healthier and in good shape and I'm kinda craving for sweat too so this is the perfect time.

"Eomma, I'm gonna go jogging outside. Want to tag along?" I asked her while tying the shoelaces of my rubber shoes.

"No thanks. I'm tired enough taking care of you and your siblings. You go." She shooed me out of the house.

I brought my phone and earphones with me and played 'As If It's Your Last' by one of my favorite groups, Blackpink. I set a playlist that could keep my energy up so I won't get tired easily. That's how it works for me, I guess.

I got out of our neighborhood and jogged somewhere far. I wasn't lost though, it was just very far away already. There were some schoolmates I bumped into and we had short conversations but then I bid my goodbye easily because I didn't want some distraction.

Thirty good minutes have passed but I'm still nowhere near my house but it didn't matter. As I was jogging, my eyes landed on a familiar, tall figure that was also doing the same thing as me, on the other side of the street. He was so handsome that all the girls he would pass to would say 'good morning' or 'you're handsome' and he would just smile.

Man, this guy is too good to be true.

He doesn't seem to notice me which actually relieves me. I wouldn't want him to think of me as a stalker or something. Ever since I saw him, my eyes never left him. There weren't much people on my side which is why I don't bother looking infront of me anymore.

I felt the tip of my foot hit something which made me loose all my balance and fall flat on the rough surface of the ground. I laid on my stomach and looked around, hoping that no one saw me but I was wrong. I saw him cross the street, running towards me, worry was written all over his face. I tried to get up on my knees and slowly stand up but he had his hands on my waist from behind and pulled me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Wha- no, I mean yes. Yeah, I'm good." I said.

"No, seriously. I saw you fall. Does it hurt?"

"A bit. But it's bearable."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Hyunjae-oppa."

"If other girls would fall on the ground like you did, they would cry. But you insist you're okay." He smiled at me.

"I'm not like other girls."

"Wanna go jogging?"

It seems like my energy has been fully restored again, like I haven't been jogging for the past minutes.

"Sure." I tried to give out my best smile despite the pain.

We jogged in silence as I follow him wherever he goes. It was a slow pace and actually slower than my pace before. He might be going easy on me.

"How long have you been jogging?" Hyunjae broke the silence.

"Uhm... almost an hour?" I half-questionned but that is what I really think.

"Do you wanna take a break?" I nodded at him and we just started walking. After a few minutes, we sat on a bench under a big tree so we can be shaded from the hot rays of sun since it was early in the morning. We sat beside each other but weren't talking.

We were very awkward. I haven't been alone with Hyunjae. This is my first time. I feel a bit uncomfortable and nervous at the same time since I don't know how to act and how he acts when he's alone. With The Boyz, he would always be playful, loud, and fun.