Chapter 27

<Brooklyn's>

Of course he would steal data from the Watchtower. They are in need and they are struggling. And that's just my point of view of both sides.

That's the only thing I could think as we were flying to the temple that Ra's al Ghul singled out.

Both sides are struggling, and me being the leader of the League of Assassin would be a major win, despite my major loss.

I can't help but be upset though. I freaking oath my time in those temples with those people and now I have to lead them? Irony at its best.

"We are here." Nightwing breathes out, as he looks at the team, the temple standing y'all in all of its glory.

Artemis, Wally, Conner, M'gann, Barbara, and La'gaan all won the argument that they would be going with me. I flat out said no to Beastboy and a few of the others, and I barely let La'gaan come.

They're all too young. They don't deserve this.

"Ok, I'm going to find Ra's al Ghul. The league has to watch us fight, which means that most eyes will be on me." I explain as I stand up, readying myself as well as the others.

"Ok, what is the extraction plan?" Nightwing immediately follows.

I flatter slightly as I lie and say, "We can worry about that later."

No one said anything, all of them probably trying to swallow the truth; some of us may not get out.

"Let's go." I say as I walk towards the exit, causing the others to follow me.

I only stop when Nightwing pulls me back by the forearm and out of ear shot of the others as he says, "I looked up video surveillance from the night of the gala." He starts out, causing my heart to speed up slightly as I remember what he admitted that night. "I want to teach you about Romani culture after this." He finishes looking determined before he lets me go and follows the others.

I follow him out, the cold air whipped my hair back, sending a shiver down my spine. If I were Ra's al Ghul, where would I want the battle to be?

Somewhere where he had the advantage.  Somewhere he could fit a lot of people in.

So naturally, I started by running into every secret room until I finally found the throne room where I walked straight in. And would you know? The idiotic psychopath was right there.

"Where is everyone?" I question as I realize that the room is empty.

"This shall be private. We only need a few witnesses." He states as several assassins drop down from their hiding spots.

I nod as I flip out my katanas, my heart beating loudly in my chest.

He smirks and chooses his sword, the sword catching the gaze of the sunset. "I have to say, my child, I did not expect your challenge."

"I'm not your child." I say just as the assassins signal for the challenge to begin.

He lungs for me, swiping the sword at my gut, causing me to dodge very narrowly and block his next attack with one of my katanas. I use my free one to swing at his head, causing him to duck down and allowing me to get a hit on him in his leg.

He hisses out and catches my arm with his blade, causing a stinging pain to take it over.

"I made you. You really think that I will lose this?" He questions as he cuts the inside of my leg, causing me to stumble.

"I am not you weapon." I growl out as I turn and slash his chest. "And I am not your creation." I huff out as I swing at his head, only for him to block it and swing at me, causing me to block his attack.