Chapter 6

~Brooklyn's~

When I came to, there was still a buzz around me. My skin was hot and sticky, but that is understandable in this case.

My head pounds as I slowly get up into a sitting position.

Whoever that person was, better watch out.

I lean my head against the wall, my neck screaming out in silent pain.

Half of my muscles ache, while the other half feel tingly. I'm not sure if this is ok, but I'm still alive so I will walk it off.

"How are you?"

My head snaps to the side to find Artemis and Kid Flash. I regret my decision immediately, wincing as my neck throbs.

They must have seen this, because Artemis goes on as if I had answered her,"That bad, huh? We heard what happened."

"Did they actually tell you the truth? Or did they lie like they lied to me?" My voice comes out a little dry and rough, but I quickly clear my throat to fix it.

"That's wasn't their fault..." she trails off, probably figuring it would be pointless to even try to explain.

We slipped into an uncomfortable silence be for Kid Flash speaks up,"I heard you murdered the door."

I look at the door, realizing that they replaced it while I was asleep. Well, not asleep, knocked out.

"And you almost got out of your handcuffs." Artemis adds, her eyes flickering to my handcuffs which were back behind my back.

They look like they have more questions, so I decide to ask a few of my own to get them off of the topic of me.

"Who is Blue boy anyways?" I question, curiously, remembering that he was the one who put the cuffs on me.

"You seriously don't know him?" Artemis asks, crossing her arms, thinking that I am making this up.

"Sorry, your Highness, I don't keep up with my old enemies. " I roll my eyes. Besides, I haven't been able to really connect with the outside world in a while.

"Nightwing. He goes by Nightwing, now." Kid Flash answers me.

I scoff,"I think I will stick to Blue boy."

"I prefer Nightwing." And here he is. What joy.

"And I prefer to be on the other side of this glass. Can't have everything, sweet heart." I snap, looking at the window.

He grimaced at the name, but stayed quiet while he pressed a button in his hand, probably making it so that no one could hear us outside of this room. At least he knows when to stay quiet.

"I also prefer not being lied too. And incase you need a little help in your plan, electrocuting someone isn't what people who want to help do." I glare at the wall, my neck not letting me move too much.

"That...wasn't apart of the plan." He says with a sigh.

"But there is a plan?"

"Well, it's not much of a plan if you ask me..." He mutters, again not thinking that I can hear him, then says,"That's not the point. We didn't electrocute you."

I roll my eyes and try to move my arms with a slight wince. I'm not buying it for a second.

He, to my dismay, saw the wince as quietly asked,"Are you ok?"

That's it.

I force myself to stand up and turn to them, hiding all of my pain from my expression with a glare.