Chapter 8

Brooklyn's POV-

Judging by just the state my body was in and how many times the Martian tried to bring me food, it was night time. Maybe around noon, I'm not sure.

All I knew was that I was tired. But that didn't mean that I was going to get sleep tonight. I would never allow myself sleep if it meant being weak for the enemy.

At least that's what I was telling myself as I was staring down at the ground in the pitch black room. Also known as my cage.

Suddenly, light shines through the door, then the whole room was lit up.

I blinked, willing my eyes to adjust much faster than they were capable of doing, as I jump up and get into a defensive stance.

"Sorry, I thought you would be asleep."

My eyes narrow in on the slightly-blurry figure,"You say that as if you truly believe that I would fall asleep in a cell."

"I figured you have done it before." Is his dry humored reply.

Instead of giving him confirmation that I have, I say,"One of the many things you do not do when you are a prisoner is sleep." My eyes follow him as he shuts the door without taking his gaze off of me, and he leans against the wall across from me.

"You must be tired then."

I almost disagree to save myself from looking weak, but something compels me to say,"And I thought Batman was the world's greatest detective." 

The comment sparked something in his expression, making me promise to not make a comment like that again.

"You almost sounded like you you used to." He mutters lowly, thinking I can't hear him.

Ignoring the comment, I cross my arms over my chest,"If you came here to interrogate me, then you should just leave right now and save us both the trouble and time."

"I didn't come to interrogate you." He crosses his arms, almost in a mocking kind of way, before he continues,"I came to make sure you are ok."

I try to keep the surprised expression off of my face as I try to come up with a response,"Why do you care, you are the one who electrocuted me."

"That wasn't me and I think you know that." He shifts his weight off of the wall, taking a step toward me.

My body only tenses up as I give him a warning glare to stay away.

He stops and goes back to his spot as if he were only shifting his weight to make himself more comfortable. 

"What I do know is that your team knocked me out and brought me here. And I do know that you put a collar on me, the same collar that shocked me into unconsciousness." I snap, glaring him down.

He acts as if this doesn't even faze him,"Believe what you want to, I didn't do it and you know it."

You know it.

No.

"You believe want you want." I shoot back at him.

He doesn't reply, he only studies me.

Finally, he leans off the wall again, walking towards me this time,"You are going a long way to act so different."

I tense up into my stance again, not willing to let him get closer.

"I know you aren't going to hurt me." He continues.

"How so?" I question, my glare unwavering.