Chapter 17

<Brooklyn's P.O.V>

Despite my hide out, people still manage to find me and glare. After about the fifth time, I decided to move my hiding spot to the vents, which was suspiciously large enough for a grown man to crawl through.

I had a feeling that Nightwing and the other batkids knew exactly where I went because they never seemed fazed during the time I was missing.

Everyone else? Let's just say that thy walked the halls very tensed. Superman walked passed me with one of he Lanterns and started laughing out of the blue, so I think he saw too. And that only made Green Lantern more nervous.

I don't know how long I have been in here, just watching the leaguers go about their day. Some I could tell were couples, like Green Arrow and Black Canary. Others seemed to be in a more complex relationship; Conner and M'gann and a boy that looked like an Atlantan.

And I don't move until Nightwing crawls next to me, "Enjoying the view?"

"Better than being the view." I mutter under my breath.

"What's wrong?" He asks immediately, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You mean other than the fact that I am in a hostile environment?" I question as I keep my eyes on the people passing by below me.

"Right. Well, not all of us are 'hostile'." He says using air quotes around the word 'hostile.'

"I literally just heard someone talk about how they could take me down." I say finally looking at him. "Who knew super heroes were so violent?"

"Who was it?" He questions immediately.

"I don't know. One of the Green Lanterns. They have been glaring at me since I can into this freaking flying death trap." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, you did almost hit Green Lantern with your dagger that one time." He reminds me with a light laugh.

"I didn't..." I cut off as he nods slowly at me. Oh...Cheshire. "That's practically his fault." I huff, crossing my arms. "And that's probably why he hates me so much. I thought the glares weren't personal."

"Do they bother you? The glares?" He clarifies after a moment. I can tell that he is digging for information, but I don't do anything to tell him that I know.

"No, but I can usually glare back without them wining about how I shouldn't be here." I grumble before raising my voice, "I shouldn't be here."

"Why not?"

"None of them trust me. And I don't trust them so why force us into a box with each other?" I question in a deadpan voice.

"Hey, did you forget our deal? With the whole trust thing?" He teases, a light grin on his face as he nudges my leg.

"Remind me again and I will." I threaten lightly, drawing my legs to my chest and my away from him.

This only makes his grin grow as he says, "Listen, I was supposed to come and get you to get dressed. Bats brought your suit in."

I nod, moving to a sitting position, waiting for him to move from as he is blocking the exit.

When he doesn't move, I raise my eyebrow in question. His only reply is a sly smirk and nod to the vent door behind me.

I close my eyes for a few seconds, keeping my face blank and void of emotion before I open them and turn around.

Without warning to the several leaguers in the hallway, I kick the vent open and jump down. Multiple screams sound out as everyone jumps at my sudden appearance.