Chapter 14

~Brooklyn's~

The sound of thunder ripping through the sky occupies my ears as the booming sound continues to echo through the halls of the building.

The urge to find a window to see the rain dripping down from the sky hits me like a tidal wave. Really, I would do anything to get out of this room. But the rain seems to be the perfect reason to get away.

So, I start trying to find my way out, which only catches the attention of everyone in the room.

"Where are you going?" Beastboy comes up to me, a curious smile lighting up his face.

"Scared of the rain?" Wallace jokes, him and his friends moving closer as if to pounce on me if I try anything.

They still believe I am the prey?

"Far from it." I say as another crash can be heard from the sky,"It's relaxing."

"The storm that's tearing this building apart?" Artemis questions, her eyebrows drawing together.

"At least you know it can't get any worse." I mutter before trying to leave again.

"Are you leaving?" The complex voice of Black Canary speaks out as the league all file into the open space.

"Depends. Do you have an answer for me?" I turn fully to her, waiting as she shares a look with Batman causing me to speak up,"I don't have all day."

"What, you have plans?" Nightwing raises an eyebrow.

"Not anything you can know about." I smirk as his own is replaced with a frown.

"We have come to an agreement... some what. Most of us believe it would be beneficial to have you here." Batman cuts off our side conversation.

"But?" I ask, my hands clasped together behind me.

"But we need to set some rules." Black Canary speaks up again,"You can't kill anyone to put it bluntly. And you can't go behind the teams back with missions of your own or harm anyone on the team. You also can not get in any sort of contact with Ra's al Ghul or your old teammates."

"Is that it?" I quirk my eyebrow as she studies my expression.

"Ask us for permission on everything and you should be fine."

How lovely. My life has turned into me being signed up for everything with no say.

"There you are." Cheshire's voice fills the silence as she walks into the room and straight toward me.

"Cheshire?" Artemis questions, stepping up,"What are you doing here?"

"Looking for my favorite forced assassin, what else?" She passes by her sister and puts an arm around my shoulder,"You really are a hard lady to find."

"You saw me just the other day..."

"Besides that, I have a job for you. Someone is after me and my family. You know, the usual. I figured who better than to ask for help than you? After all, your methods are usually permanent."

I could feel the weight of everyone's stares as if I were lifting a ton of weight on my shoulders all of a sudden.

"Cheshire,-" I get in before she cuts me off.

"Are you in?"

(Flashback)
Cold water surrounds me as my limbs thrash against the arms holding me down. But there isn't any reason for me to be fighting back. I know there is not a point, I won't be freed even if I did damage the arm.