"Will you really tell everyone we're dating when I graduate college?" It's been a year since Nolan and I started dating. We have an age gap of ten years but Nolan has been so nice to me and my mother for as long as I can remember that I couldn't help but fall for him.

He looked at me, "Hmm?" Then softly touched the locks of my light blonde hair as he placed the camera on the table, "You're so pretty," He smiled at me, making me blush, "If only you weren't..." He whispered the next sentence halfway, making me pause. My heart skipped a beat in dread.

"Nolan?" I looked at him and he immediately smiled at me.

"Of course," He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Of course, I will. You've only got a semester left right? When do your classes start again?"

I nodded, "Right after the summer vacation, in September,"

"How old are you again?" He asked and I paused. Shouldn't he know that? He asked me once before too.

"Twenty-one," I answered anyway.

The sky got completely dark and I heard rumbling. I guess it was going to rain soon.

"Okay!" He smiled at me and placed his hand on my face, "You can leave for today," He caressed my cheek with his thumb and we locked our gazes, "Your skin is as soft as always," He was staring at me, making me feel giddy. I stared into his brown eyes while I found him staring into my blue ones. He moved closer, making my heart skip a beat.

Is he going to kiss me?! Finally!!?

I got excited and closed my eyes but he stopped right before he reached me, "Come on," He spoke and I shot my eyes open, "Get going now." He turned his face away, making my heart drop.

"Oh," I got off of his lap, "Okay," And started leaving his office. Was I mistaken? But he was so close to me. I reached the door and looked back at him. A year... We've been dating for a year but he still hasn't kissed me...

"Have a safe trip back." Nolan waved at me, "And be careful not to run into the Head Hunter." Just then a bolt of lightning struck in the sky, and the sound of thunder reverberated in the air.

My skin stood up at that and I shook my head, "Come on Nolan," I laughed nervously, "Why would I run into that murderer? Aren't his victims from City A?"

He nodded, "But all his victims, so far, have been pretty young adults. And he kills regardless of gender." He pointed at me, "Wouldn't that make you the perfect target." I felt a shiver go down my spine, "Hmm? My dear Clio?"

I shook my head, "Nolan!" I frowned, "This isn't funny,"

He laughed, "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He winked at me, "Get going, you should get back to your dorm before it gets late."

***

Unfortunately for me though I had only walked halfway there when it started raining like crazy.

Oh no!!

I ran to the nearest convenience store with my camera bag covering my head and took shelter from the rain under the store's overhead shed.

"Oh Gosh..." I brought my bag down and dusted the raindrops off of it, thanking myself for getting a good quality bag even though I'm dirt poor. Then I let out a sigh and stared at the rain falling down like cats and dogs.

It is monsoon season already? I moved my upper body as I felt a little restless, I was in a street where barely anyone was seen walking normally and today there wasn't a single person in sight.

The flickering street light cast eerie shadows on the cracked pavement, creating a foreboding atmosphere that sent chills down my spine. So I turned to look inside the convenience store where the lights were on but no one was at the counter. Did they go out? Or go to the back to get something? Lightning struck, followed by thunder sending goosebumps all over my body and I immediately moved.