35: Getting Permission

*Taehyung POV*

Waiting to meet with him this afternoon was nerve wracking; almost to the point of nausea. I fumbled with my coffee, and asked the server to get another cup ready for him.

"Are you alright?" she asked me with a smile.

"I-I'm fine." I nodded.

She reached her hand over and placed it gently on my shoulder causing me to look up to her.

"You're shaking...is there anything I can do for you?"

The tone in her voice was flirty, and when I looked into her eyes I knew the question was suggestive. I shook from her touch and shook my head.

"No...just another cup of coffee for my friend is all." I said as emotionless as possible.

Her smile fell and she nodded walking away back to the counter. When she returned she didn't say anything after placing the full cup down and filling my own. I hated coffee, I never really drink it but I was up all night nervous about today.

Y/N and I had been dating for almost a year now. It had been the best year of my life. Big Hit offered her a job to be my manager and thank god she took it. I was able to see her every day never tiring of her presence. I could see her smile, hear her laughter, taste her lips, and feel her warmth every moment of every day...never would I imagine I would want someone as much as her. She was kind...beautiful, smart, and no doubt the strongest woman I had ever known. I wanted her more than I have ever wanted anything, including my modeling career.

I heard the chime of the door opening and watched as Namjoon walked in. I waved to him and he made his way over to me, sitting across from me.

"Jesus Tae...are you okay?" he asked me lifting up his coffee.

"Believe it or not, I have never been better...I'm just...nervous for the conversation I'm about to have with you."

"What's going on...is it Noona?"

"Well, yeah...but everything is fine." I said quickly looking at his concerned face. "Nothing is wrong I swear...I'm hoping this is a good thing."

"Well go on."

"You know I love her right? You know that I would do anything for her, give anything, to her?"

"I've learned to know that over the last few months." He smiled.

"So you know that I'm never going to leave her right?"

He nodded again his eye brows coming together. "What's going on Taehyung...spit it out."

I took a deep breath and moved my hand inside my pocket. I pulled out a small velvet black box and presented it to him. "I um....I want to ask for her hand in marriage." I said confident once I took a breath. "You are the only real family she has, though your relationship may have been strange to some people at first, you have been a good friend to me, and an even better friend to her. I want to know if I have your blessing to ask her." I said looking at him.

He looked in my eyes and at first I couldn't read his expression. We just...stared at each other. But I wasn't backing down. I needed him to say yes... I wanted him to say yes. I wanted his blessing...I wanted him to be supportive of this because if he wasn't, it might hurt her. After a moment he still hadn't said anything, so I continued.

"With all due respect hyung, I am going to ask her regardless of what you say. But you are important to her, and in all honesty you're important to me. You have been with my brother almost as long as I have been with Noona, and I consider you a brother just like him. I WANT your support...but I don't NEED it. I've made my decision."