23: Competition

Finally we were able to get to the house. A long car ride, a short flight, and ferry boat ride later, we made our way into the house. Tae and I took the suite upstairs as Namjoon and Jin took the one on the main floor. Yoongi and Jimin took the basement room, all being bigger than my house. There was an outside hot tub big enough for ten people that looked out over the ocean. It had a wooden walk way that lead straight to the beach and a bar stocked full of liquors.

"Alright, here's the deal." I heard Jin shout from the kitchen. We all gather in waiting for him to continue. Jimin sat on Yoongi's lap while Tae and Namjoon sat beside them. I stood leaning on the counter. Jin pulled his wallet form his pocket and took out his credit card. "Tae, there is a shop that isn't to far into the island, I want you to pick up a few things for me. Take Joon Bug and Yoonmin with you, Noona and I will start dinner."

"Yoonmin?" Yoongi asked looking at Jin.

"Oh my god Joon Bug." I said laughing. "That's so cute."

"Shut, up." Joon said under his breath.

Tae got up and took the credit card from him. "Fine, but I'm also going to buy a few things."

"Whatever....just go." Jin replied shooing them from the house.

Once they were gone Jin turned to me after pulling a few things from the fridge and cabinet.

"We need to talk about you and my baby brother." He said letting out a sigh. I looked up being sure to give him my full attention allowing him to continue. "I know that your relationship and its inner workings are none of my business....however, he's my baby brother. It's been just me and him for a long, long time. He's dated before, but you mean more to him than anyone else has. I need to know that you aren't just going to break his heart."

He looked me straight in the eye with those last words and I nodded. "Oppa, I don't plan to hurt him. Breaking his heart is not in my future. I love your brother. It may seem too soon but-"

"It doesn't." He interrupted. "It doesn't seem too soon."

I smiled. "I don't know where our relationship is going. But my intention is to keep him around for a long long time. Maybe forever if it comes to that."

He nodded again. "Okay." He said. "That's fair. Thank you for talking with me."

"Actually..." I started. "...while we are on the topic...I need you to know that I will kill you if you hurt Namjoon." I was dead serious and he turned back to look at him his eyebrows coming together. "I don't know if you caught on but Namjoon never thinks he's good enough. Whenever your relationship progresses, he will fight it. And I need to know you will fight for him. I need to know you wont give up just because he's being stupid, because it will happen more than once."

"Noona, if you feel at all about Taehyung the way I feel about Namjoon, then I wont have anything to worry about. I hope that gives you an idea of my intentions, and my feelings."

"Okay. Good. Thank you."

We continued to talk and cook, and about an hour later the rest of the boys came back and dinner was ready. It was a very enjoyable time being with all of them. We laughed and teased each other, we ate way too much food and everyone seemed happy. I looked up to my best friends, and seeing his dimples were my favorite thing. He seemed genuinely happy. I locked eyes with Jin momentarily and he nodded to me as he raised his wine glass. I mimicked his action and took a sip myself.

"Damn Jin....why didn't we become friends sooner. You cook better than Noona." Yoongi said rubbing his stomach.

"HEY!" I protested. "He's a professional chef that owns his own business...I cant compete with that."