8: Truth Be Told

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure." I smiled.

"What is your relationship with Namjoon hyung?" he asked his voice not so confident anymore.

I sighed and leaned forward dipping in the water momentarily to prepare myself. I rose above the water again shaking my head and running my fingers through my hair.

He watched me with kind and patient eyes as I swallowed. "He's my best friend." I wanted to ease him into this, but I was also going to be 100% honest. "I've known him since high school like he said, and we just have always been close."

"Did something happen that caused you to be so close, or did it naturally happen?"

He saw me use magic.

"His Dad dated my mom. When they broke up Namjoon and I continued to hang out." This was not a lie.

"Why did they break up?"

"My mom cheated on his dad and ran away with the guy. I havnt seen her since."

His face softened and his eyes became sad. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

"It's alright. His father took me in after that. I only had one year left of secondary school so it would have only been for a year. Best year of my life."

"That is awesome." He smiled. "So you have a sibling relationship?"

"Kind of." I sighed again. His smile fell a little. "While our parents dated, we kind of..."

"Dated too?" he asked with a straight face.

"No..." I looked down into the water. "We just started sleeping together."

He laughed. "Hormones?" he asked raising an eye brow.

"I guess." I laughed.

"So your friendship lasted into your adulthood....that's awesome. What about your sexual relationship?"

"On and off." I answered honestly.

"And now?" he asked.

"On."

He nodded and smiled. "Feelings?"

"None." I said confidently.

"Really? After years of friendship and naughty behavior there are no feelings involved?" He smirked.

I shook my head. "Nope. We just have really good chemistry and it was always better to sleep with each other than to sleep around."

"That's actually really smart." He replied.

I tilted my head looking at him. "I'm conused."

"Why's that?"

"You're taking this information rather well."

"Would you rather I be upset?"

"No."

"Then I don't see a problem."

"I'm sitting here, on our...pretty amazing date, telling you how I sleep with my best friend on a daily basis."

"Daily?" He asked raising his eye brow. "I thought it was on and off." He said still smiling.

"When it's on, it's on."

This time he laughed. "Are you like that with everyone or just him?"

"I havent been with someone long enough for it to have been more than just him." I smiled.

The look he gave me when I said that caused my breath to hitch. "Good." he growled.