21: You Love Me

We stood there at attention not speaking a word between us. The question I asked hung in the air suffocating both of us. His eyes were wide and he was so still, he could be mistaken as a statue. Eventually the air became so thick I started to sweat and my breath became shallow.

He said he loved me. He accused me of making him feel that way. I guess in a way I did? Isnt it the person's personality that you fall in love with...the way they act and the things they say and their morals...they make you fall in love with them. He loves me.

I start to smile through my shocked expression and I watch his eyes move and his forhead crinkle in confused. "What?" he finally asks breaking the silence.

"I mean...I guess I did do this." I laughed.

"What!? He exclaimed louder.

"I mean...you fall in love with someone because of who they are right? So me being me...you fell in love." I started to laugh harder and this entire situation was so absolutely ridiculous I couldn't hold back. "You...you love me." I wiped my eyes clean of my tears and looked back at him. "Tae...I didn't put a spell on you...I didn't give you a love potion. In fact, the only thing I technically 'did' to you, was give you a good luck charm you wear on your person daily that protects you." I said pointing to his ear.

He lifted his hand and put it over his industrial piercing and then looked back to my eyes. "Good luck charm?"

"Yes." I said with a short nod. "Good luck charm, or rather a protection charm...it keeps you all safe...even in bad situations it brings out the best outcomes."

"All?"

I nod. "Yes, Namjoon's earrings, your industrial, Yoongi's pocket chain, Jimin's thumb ring and Jin's suit pin." I said smiling.

"Do...do they all know?"

I shook my head. "No. Only Namjoon."

"NAMJOON HYUNG KNOWS?!"

I nod. "He's known for a long time actually. And surprisingly you are taking it way better than he did."

Finally, a crack of a smile twitched on his face and he moved to relax his body by leaning forward on the desk. He put his hands on the edge and arched his body hanging his head. He let out a deep long breath causing his cheeks to puff out and when he was done he stood straight again looking at me. "So your house isn't haunted?"

I shook my head. "Sometimes Jinx cant control his powers, and sometimes I do things I'm so used to doing alone or with Joon that I forget I cant do them in front of you."

"Like what?"

"Like pull my pen from my hair...or getting treats for Jinx." I smirked. "Or opening a window." I lifted my hand up and when I did the window next to Taehyung lifted allowing a warm breeze to enter the apartment. He jumped at the sudden noise looking to the window. He swallowed hard then looked back to me eye still wide. "Tae...I'm still me." I said softly. "I'm still your girlfriend...this...doesn't change anything." I saw the look on his face soften and he looked down. I watched him shuffle a bit and twitch nervously, then it hit me. "Tae?" He looked up to me with big eyes. I smiled and took a deep breath. "I love you too."

His eyes widened even more and just when I thought I had said the wrong thing the corners of his mouth twitched causing him to give me the beautiful smile I adored. "You do?" he asked.

I nod and start to walk towards him. He swallowed hard again but didn't back away. I made it to the desk it being the only thing between us. "I felt the same way actually...that maybe it was too soon to feel that way but...time does nothing for me...connection does....trust does. I've never trusted anyone outside Namjoon but I trust you. I've never connected with anyone...but I do with you. So, to me, that's love. My heart races when I'm around you, and when you're away from me I cant wait to be around you again."