4: Bad Date

Jackson Wang was impressive. How did I know this? Because for the past hour, we sat at the bar waiting for a table as he told me everything about himself. He was a business man. He had a dog, he got promoted at work twice this past year, and got 3 raises. He drank 4 neat wiskey's and I drank one vodka cranberry.

Which I paid for.

I don't think I spoke more than one sentence while we sat at the bar. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was nervous. I laugh when im nervous or don't know what to say, so maybe he just...doesn't stop talking. He'll run out of something to say eventually...right?

"...oh and it was so great meeting you today at coffee. I didn't expect you to stop me and thank me the way that you did."

Finally I can talk. "Well what kind of manners would I have if I didn't say 'thank you'?"

"Well I'm very gratefull that you have agreed to have dinner with me."

"And I'm greatful for the invite."

Just then we were interrupted by a low deep voice that sent chills down my spine. "Good Evening, my name is Taehyung I'll be your server today." I looked up and if it was possible, the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my life was smiling down to us with a boxy smile that took my breath away.

"Uhhhh...."

"Yes, I would like another neat whiskey, top shelft please."

"Yes, sir." He responded. He turned towards me and my eyes met his. "What would you like Miss?"

"Ummmm water. Just...water." I managed to get out.

"No not just water." Jackson said before our server could leave. "Another vodka cranberry? Two limes?"

"Um...sure." I said nodding to Taehyung. He smiled and nodded leaving us with menues.

Jackson started talking again. He continued to talk and talk and talk. He told me the in and outs of his day to day work day and what his responsibilities are, how much money he makes, who his partners are. I was starting to get bored until Taehyung came back to the table.

He smiled down at me. "Did we decide what we are going to have for dinner?"

"Actually we will have two steak and lobsters." Jackson said handing the menu to him without looking at him. So rude.

Taehyung raised an eye brow and looked at me. "Is that so?"

"Actually, I'm allergic to shellfish." I said looking back at Jackson. His eyes were a little wide, and I could tell he felt a bit bad. I looked back to the server. "But the steak sounds great, everything else is good too."

"I'm glad I asked." Taehyung said as he gave Jackson a look. They locked eyes momentarily before Jackson tore his eyes away to look back at me.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright, you didn't know."

He smiled. "So tell me about you?"

"What would you like to know?" I asked drinking my water.

"What kind of work are you involved in?"

"I work a lot with artists. I market for them and book different events and showcases for them."

"Artists?"

"All kinds."

"Like...singers?"

"Singers, dancers, painters, sculpters."

"Oh wow...that's....exciting." he said not so convincingly.

"Well most of my clients are idols...I work a lot with Big Hit...." Before I could finish my sentence Jackson choked slightly on his drink. "Are you okay?"