28: Soft & Protective

It was two days before we had to leave our little private paradise, and I didn't want to leave. Being here was peaceful. I always wondered why so many people would look out into the water. But sitting here on the beach now, I understood. The water moves so intricately...so delicately. It was precise and beautiful...peacefull.

I didn't hear somene approaching me and I flinched slightly when he sat next to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course I am. Why?"

"I know you did this for me...but part of me maybe things you did this for you too."

"I did this for you and Jimin. You forgot why you were in love and needed to be reminded."

"Thank you." He said in a softer tone. He reached out and grabbed my hand causing me to turn to him. He lifted my hand and kissed the back of it softly, twice. "You don't know how much I owe you for this."

He lowered our hands but kept our fingers laced together. "You don't owe me anything Yoongi. I love Jimin...and you."

"I know." He smirked. I scoffed and kept my hand in his lap and looked back out towards the water. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Are you okay?"

"That's the second time you've asked me that."

"Well I didn't believe the first answer."

I sighed heavily and swallowed. "I really am okay...I just have been thinking a lot."

"Want to talk about it? Tell me what you're thinking about."

"Honestly....yeah." I said tears starting to fall down my face. "I don't want to talk to Namjoon...he's finally happy and I cant take that way from him. I don't want to talk to Taehyung because it's only been a few months...I didn't want to drop my drama on him."

"What about me?"

"You and Jimin are so busy all the time, and you were having your own issues..."

"Well, I'm not busy right now. And Jimin and I have never been better, thanks to you. So I'm listening."

I let out a deep sigh. I needed to talk to someone. "My dad called me." I said flat out, emotionless.

"I didn't know he was still with us."

"Yeah...he is."

"Did you talk to him?"

"No...he left a voicemail...he said he was back in town...that he plans to move back and wants to meet up."

"I'm guessing you don't want to?"

"Not at all."

"You've never talked about him before."

"There is a god damn reason for that." I sneered back pulling my hand from him harshly. I ran my fingers through my hair pulling slightly looking down.

He then placed his hand on my knee moving his thumb soothingly on my skin. "Go on."

"He's a fowl sad excuse for a man, and though my mother was a piece of work she was nothing compared to him."

"Did the voicemail you get have anything to do with this vacation you planned?"

I didn't respond I just looked up and swiped my hair from my face looking back to the water. "You know I'd move here if I could. If work and adult life wasn't a thing, I'd pick it all up and move here."