EPILOGUE:MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

No relationship is perfect ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...”

                         -Sarah Dessen

  Two years, Six months, Five days later

JOHN'S POV

"I REALLY HATE YOU, JOHN CARTER" Diane cried.

"I can't believe I fell for your sweet words" she yelled.

"I'm so sorry, Diane. I love you" I said while trying to keep my eyes on the road.

"I fucking hate you"

"I love you"

"Stupid sweet words" Her voice was getting weak by the second and it tugged at my heart. My eyes darted from the road to her protruding stomach-I'm gonna be a dad.

  Sweat trickled down her face and her heartwarming smile wasn't there.

"I hope you called everyone?" She asked, her voice weak from all the cussing at me.

I will have to remind her about all this when this is all over.

"Just breathe in,Honey."

"Don't you dare honey me." I was glad I wasn't looking at her because I could tell she was glaring at me.

"I was minding my own business, happily fantasizing about love and you just had to come into my life. Stupid romantic dinners. Stupid sweet words. Stupid ring." She flashed her wedding ring in my face. "I should have known, the bigger the ring, the..."

She literally broke down in tears and all I could say was,"I love you"

"I wonder what gender our baby will be,"I asked as I caressed her baby bump.

"Well, we're about to find out" She replied. We were sitting at the doctor's office, waiting for the results.

"I want a boy. I want a little John. It will be so lovely" Her eyes lit up as she talked about how much she wanted him to look like me.

"I want a little John too."

She frowned. "You're supposed to say you want a girl as pretty as I am."

"Am I?" I smiled. "I want a girl too then"

"There's a lot you need to learn from me" She shook her head lightly but a smile played on her lips. "But it's fine, I want a girl too"

If only she knew she was wishing for something.

"You're having twins, a boy and a girl" The doctor announced.

Diane always looked beautiful when she smiled but at that moment-the beautiful smile that appeared on her face-was nothing compared to the rest I'd seen.

"See, we can have a little John and a little Diane"

I kissed her.

"We are here" I announced.

"I can see that,stupid" She shot back.

    You know, when you fall in love, there's this crazy connection. Watching Diane go through all that pain, pricked my skin. How did I become so vulnerable?

She was in pain, I was too. That's just the crazy thing about love.

"Ellie and John Jr" Diane said the moment I handed over the bundles of Joy. They were...amazing.

"They are so cute" She gushed.

"I know"

She played with them and the smile never left her face.

"So..." I started. "-you hate me,huh?"

Her face turned crimson. "Never loved you better"

DIANE'S POV

Is there really a happily ever after?

That I don't know. Liza and Luke, their son, every one's smile, it was satisfying. My story played out well. There were good scenes and bad scenes, but in the end, my hero was waiting.

There will be times when we'll fight, get so busy with our lives and forget the good times but I hope our story can remind us why we came together in the first place.

And if this handsome sexy arrogant man that I love standing before me, and our cute awesome children isn't my happily ever after, then I don't know what Is.

Take that, Life. I won.

The end.

Is it over yet?😭😭😭😭

I can't believe I finished a story. Kudos to me.😊😊😊😊

Thank you so so much for reading to the end. There wouldn't be a happy ending without you.

I hope you all get your happily ever afters.

Thank you all for supporting this book, I know it's not perfect and all,but you guys read on, so thank you.

A happy new year to you, all over the world.

5 hours to go and it'll be 2019.

Once again, i love you all so much.

Thanks for hanging around.

Love
-Sarah

Xoxo

😘😘😘😘

Hope to see you all in my next project...