29-I DO.

I knew I was in love with you. Was I an Idiot for thinking you were in love with me too?”
                                      -JESU NADAL

JOHN'S POV

I gently gave Luke a pat on his shoulders. It was the first time I had seen him looking so out of this world. I couldn't blame him, it was his wedding day. And the news about Liza's pregnancy had only made him more nervous as we stood at the altar, waiting for Liza to walk down the aisle.

        The bead of sweat on his forehead was a clear sign he was nervous/scared of becoming a dad.

The harpist suddenly started playing and all eyes turned to the church door that swung open. The children slowly made their way to the altar,throwing flowers as they walked.

At that instant, my heart did a somersault. With the brightest smile I had ever seen, she walked slowly, her stiletto heels making a soft clack. It was like the crowd dissipated and all I could see was her. The camera flashes only made her appear like a heroine from a movie.

"Hmm-hmm" Luke coughed. My eyes snapped to him. A smirk was etched on his face and I realized why. My mouth was wide open and I shut it quickly.

"Keep doing that and everyone will know you're crazy for her" he whispered with a sly smile.

It was my turn to smirk when his eyes suddenly went round. Liza walked slowly, her gown flowing behind her.

"Keep doing that man, everyone already knows you're crazy for her" I whispered.

He didn't move or reply and so I figured he was too lost to hear me.

Is this really what love makes people do?

                                 🍷
"A toast to the newly wed"

The guests chanted for them to kiss and for the millionth time, they kissed. My eyes were searching the crowd for Diane who left earlier. It was already dark and I wondered where she wandered off to. She actually looked tipsy earlier.

    I got up and headed out of the hall. The cool breeze brushed against my skin as I stepped out and there were a few people outside. But I couldn't still find her.

Did she leave?

She wouldn't do that.

Where is she?

I brushed off the thought of her being with Stan and continued searching for her.

"Mr Carter, what a pleasant surprise" The middle aged man blocked my path, a stench of cigarette evading my senses.

"Mr Villarez, I can say the same"

"This must be fate. I was just reminiscing about how badly our last business meeting ended"He spoke, revealing his discoloured teeth.

" I talk business in the office, right now, I'm here for a wedding"

"Oh, I see. I would have loved for you to meet my Son, George. He just got back from LA. He was actually hinting at a business proposal"

I was in no mood to meet the Man's son and so I just gave a polite nod.

"I guess that will be next time. Have a nice day." The old man disappeared behind the fountain and I continued on my search for Diane.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a familiar voice.

"I'm okay" She slurred.

"Honey, I'm just gonna take you to a room where you can rest."A deeper voice said.