30-FOR YOU,I'LL LEARN.

When you are willing to compromise and make sacrifices for someone, that's were you feel true love”

DIANE'S POV

   "Urgh, he's just so stupid" I groaned in frustration. I could hear Liza's soft giggle from the other end of the receiver. "Like I would wanna go out with him"

"I think I'm gonna turn off my phone, some people just don't know when to 'not call' . I'm in my honeymoon for Christ sake"

"Just because you're married now, doesn't mean you are relieved of your bestie duties"

"Look, You guys are playing games and that's it."

"I am not playing games"

"For a guy as arrogant as John, you should have taken his arrogant version of a date"

"He made it clear he wasn't asking me out"

"Don't be stupid, it's obvious he was."

"Even if he was, I would never say yes"

"I seriously think he likes you, he just doesn't know it yet."

"He does?" A small smile played on my lips but was immediately replaced by a scowl the moment I remembered every ugly thing he ever said to me.

"He's not capable of loving anyone but himself" I countered.

"Believe what you want." Tiara sighed. "I am in no mood to argue over this. Goodluck. I expect the good news in like three weeks"

"What good news?" I asked, my brow pulled In confusion.

"Your wedding of course" She said flatly ."Just stop calling me. Don't ruin other people's love lives"

"Stop talking shit"

"You know the farm is precious to him and he asked you to visit again, isn't that something worth smiling about?"

I slumped on my couch. "I'm pretty sure he just wants to compare me to his monkey"

"You both are plain stupid"

"Liza" I whined. "He's the stupid one"

"If he really is, then you should be able to tell he just wants to spend time with you. Look," she sighed "I'll try to be blunt as possible, he's stupid, you're stupid, you're perfect for each other. The end"

"I'm beginning to regret calling you"

"Honey, I'm pregnant. What did you expect?"She deadpanned.

"Maybe a friendly advice?"I offered.

"That's the best I could give. Take it or leave it. And for the Millionth time, as I remain under the protective excuse of my honeymoon, do not, I repeat, do not  call me. Unless it's like really really important. Get it?"

"This was important too." I whined.

"My husband and I should be on our honeymoon, not giving lectures to stupid lovebirds"

Did John call Luke?

Of course he would, they are best friends, stupid.

"Thanks for nothing, Liza"

"You're not welcome"

The line went dead. Mum appeared through the kitchen door.

"You guys are just being stupid" She said, as she headed for her room.

"You too, mum?"

I groaned in frustration and buried my face in my hands.

                                   ⏳
"Will you marry me?" John asked. My heart did a million backflips. My mouth grew wide in shock as I studied the beautifully lit lights behind him, the red roses and the men playing a soft tune with their violin.