11-THE WEDDING

Diane's POV

           I sat with Greg in MACHOLA. He was smiling so brightly. We ordered our food and began eating.

"So he offered you an open marriage? "Greg asked, his brows arched.

"Yes"I had just finished explaining everything to Greg.

"I really can't believe John would do such a thing"

"I guess he really needed a wife to show to the world"

"You know you can still stop this, right? "

"I can't. I already signed an agreement and he already settled my family's debts"I said.

"Diane, I'll always be here for you"Greg said with an assuring smile.

I smiled at that. At least I found a friend in Greg despite my situation. This was it, everything was gonna change.

                    👰👰👰👰👰👰👰
The day finally came. I spent my days imagining my wedding to be perfect. The love of my life would be there, smiling at me at the altar, my family, my friends. But it was nothing like that.

The man I was getting married to didn't love me, my real parents were not here to witness today, everything was wrong.

I stood still, staring at myself in the mirror. I was dressed in the most beautiful gown I had ever seen.

My gown had a soft scoop from one shoulder to the other, which accentuated my collarbone. It hugged my waistline and then flowed downwards, with a fluffy feel.

Sarah had gifted me a pair of diamond earrings along with a diamond studded necklace. My hair was curled and packed into a messy bun with a diamond hair pin.

I couldn't look more perfect. Liza walked into the room and her jaws dropped.

"You look perfect"she gaped. She was so close to tears.

"Don't cry or I'll cry too"I told her. She pulled me into a warm embrace. My mum creaked the door open.

She had tears in her eyes as she walked over to us.

"You look... Great "she pulled me into a hug too.

I was trying my best to hold back tears but they weren't helping either.

"It's time"my mother said. Liza helped me with my gown and into the sleek white BMW. The car drove off to the wedding hall.

I played with my fingers as the car sped through the city. This was it, there was no going back now. Adrian, dad and the rest of the family were already at the wedding hall.

Liza and my mum were in the car that followed mine.

What if this is a mistake? What if I have to pretend for the rest of my life?

I suddenly grew tense.  The car suddenly stopped. I looked out the window and saw that we were here.

Claire helped me out of the car. She was one of my bridesmaids. The ceremony began and soon I was walking down the aisle, hand in hand with my dad, to get married to John.

The ceremony went by in a blur. Reporters were everywhere, flashing their cameras.   I had to meet a lot of his friends and relatives. Most of the time, people would chant for a kiss, John just gave me a light peck on the lips, It would always be so swift.

It was finally over, I was now a married woman. I stared at the diamond ring on my finger, wondering what this marriage had installed for me.

I'm ready.