9-GREG

Diane's POV

I took a walk in John's garden. The fountain that stood in the middle of the garden caught my eye. I walked and stood near it, staring at the clear water.

"The car is ready"I heard Mark say behind me.

"What is he like? "I asked without taking my eyes off the water. He came and stood beside me.

"He's a jerk"Mark said.

I chuckled and turned to look at him. He handed over new clothes. "Wash up and change, come down and the car will take you home"

"I don't exactly feel comfortable showering in a strangers house "

"That stranger is soon to become your husband "

I sighed at that and collected the clothes from him. Mark disappeared into the mansion but not without telling me that the car would pick me up tomorrow by 6:00pm for dinner with John's parents.

                     🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦
I got home to a worried Liza. She was pacing in the front porch.

"Where the hell have you been? "She yelled as she followed me into the house.

"Not now Liza"I said. I still had a hangover from yesterday's drinks. I slumped on the couch.

Liza stood in front of the couch glaring at me. "Your mum called me asking if I knew where you were, I had to return home. She explained everything and I tried calling you "she yelled frantically.

"I'm getting married Liza"I said. Her mouth grew wide in shock and she sat beside me.

"What do you mean? "She asked.

"I agreed to Mr Carter's proposal. The wedding is next month"

"Why would you do that? "

I just broke into tiny sobs. Why did I do that? Because I wanted to repay them for everything they did for me. My life had  taken an unexpected turn. I was getting married to a man who didn't love me.

Liza wrapped her hands around me. She gently stroked my back. My tears soiled her clothes.

"And Greg? "She whispered in my ear.

I pulled back from her grip. Yes, Greg. What was I to tell him? I had promised him another date.

"I'll have to end everything "I stood up and staggered to my room. I guess fate had other plans for me. I guess my story is not a fairytale.

                   🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
I walked into the cafe, my eyes searching for Greg. I had called him yesterday asking if we could meet up.

Our eyes met. He was at the corner of the cafe. His brown curly hair was a little bit messed up but it was perfect. I held his gaze and then walked over to him.

" Hi"I said and sat down. He looked nervous.

"I'm so glad you decided to call me. I was gonna...."

"I have to tell you something Greg" I cut him off. His expression turned to that of worry.

"Is there a problem?"

"It's really important"

He looked tensed but then he forced a smile"Can we at least order something?"I could tell he was trying his best to ease his tension.

"What would you like to have?" He asked me.

"A cup of cappuccino and chocolate chip cookies please" he left to order.