25-WE MEET AGAIN

That I should have bought you flowers,
And held your hand,
Should have gave you all my hours,
When I had the chance,
Take you to every party cause I remember how much you loved to dance,
Now my baby's dancing,
But she's dancing with another man.

✂️WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN
👉BRUNO MARS

JOHN'S POV

I can't believe they are so happy and they are chatting and giggling while I'm in a tight spot. I took a large gulp of the glass of wine in my hand and my eyes don't leave the door.

It's been a year already. Everything's changed, right?

Of course.

Even Luke, Luke the flirt is getting married. And as if fate is trying to play a cruel game it just happened to be her best friend,Liza.

"Hey man"Luke joined me at the mini bar. He poured himself a glass. "You look all stressed"He winked.

I glared at him and my eyes darted to Liza who was happily chatting with my mum. My parents considered Luke a son,no-he was their son. He had an ugly relationship with his parents-they lived in France.

I couldn't believe they didn't bother to come for their sons wedding family dinner,but then again, knowing Luke, I bet he didn't inform them.

"Just chill man"Luke added.

"How did it get to this?"He cocked his head in confusion. "I mean, you getting here, ready to be married"

Luke chuckled. "Love, man. Love makes one a totally different person"

I tried to make sense of what he was saying. Love? Wasn't that just another four letter word. Nothing good ever comes out of love and I and Tiara's disastrous relationship was a clear proof.

Stop thinking about that bitch.

"Whatever" I shrugged, feeling too nervous to continue with that conversation . She was gonna arrive soon and my eyes darted occasionally to the door.

"Time really flies,doesn't it?" Luke was looking at Liza in the distance who was wearing a beautiful smile. "If someone changes you, that my friend, is a keeper"

Their eyes met and he winked, she turned crimson but then returned to her conversation with mum and Kate. Liza and I didn't talk much-we barely had a conversation, just the occasional hi's and hellos. It wasn't surprising, considering Liza was her best friend. I sometimes think I imagine it, but I often catch her glaring at me.

"Oh my gosh, you look amazing"

My heart betrayed me as it beat hard against my chest. Her hair was straightened, her ever flawless smile was all that caught my attention.

"Hi,it's so nice to see you once again Mrs Carter" She said as they hugged each other.

I wished I was the one getting hugged.

My mum frowned slightly.

"Mum" Diane corrected herself.

She greeted everyone including Kate and Liza and soon Luke was walking in her direction. She hugged him too.

"Someone's been well taken care of" Luke complimented as he gave her a light peck on her cheek.

"Ha ha Luke, I can say the same for you. Thank me for playing cupid, I'll be your child's godmother"

"Of course" Liza said.

The maid announced that dinner was ready. Everyone headed in the direction of the dining room. I got up from the stool and walked towards her. But I stopped few metres away-He was here.