18- LOVE HURTS

Clarity
        ☀️ ZEDD FEAT FOXES

                💥GREG'S POV
   I opened the door to find my mum, Kate, sitted on my bed with a sour expression on her face. I soon find out why once my eyes settle on the newspaper clutched in her hand.

  "What the hell is this Greg?"She frowned. The only time I had ever seen my mum this pissed was when I got into a fight with John in college over Tiara.

I closed the door behind me and undid my cornflower blue tie, I was feeling suffocated after an exhausting day at work. It was really hard to concentrate on my Job when I knew everyone was talking about the newspaper article.

I hope Diane is fine.

"Answer me Greg"My mum was standing, waving the newspaper in the air. "How could you do this to your cousin? Your uncle took you in and took care of you after your...."

"Mum stop"I belted. I rubbed my temple in exhaustion. I was coming down with a migraine. I wasn't ready for an ugly exchange with my mum after my discussion with Gabriel.

"Stop it mum. I already explained everything to him and he understands. It was all just a misunderstanding"

I walked past her and plopped down on the bed, throwing off my shoes in a fit of rage. "Diane is my friend. You all knew that we had already met , why is everyone making such a big fuss? You know the the press are willing to make up stories just to sell"

I threw off my suit and looked up at mum. She had finally calmed down and she sat beside me.

  "I just don't want you getting into another fight with your cousin. You guys are still trying to mend your relationship"

Trying?

"John is like a brother and I would never do anything so horrible. But mum-"I turned to look into her eyes and gently placed my hands on her shoulder"-I really love Diane"

  She brushed my arm away and stood up. "You what?"She glared at me.

How was I  gonna explain all this to her. My mum adored John and his parents. After dad died, Gabriel took us in and sent me to college. He gave me a job in his company and has been a pillar of support in my career.

Mum  stared down at me, expecting a reply.

"I met her first mum. We went on a blind date and we were getting to know each other. But..."

"But now she's married to your cousin for Christ sake"she cut me off. "Do you really want to repeat the past?"

"He doesn't love her. It's all fake"

"That's none of your concern. They are married in the eyes of the public and you're..."

"I'm tired of hiding in the shadow mum. Why can't you support me just this time?"I rose up from the bed.

"Support you to steal your cousin's wife?"

Why can't Mum see that this will all end up hurting Diane. John doesn't love her, he loves Tiara. Diane thinks she loves him but it's just a matter of time before she realizes she doesn't.

  "I can't have this discussion mum. I respect my cousin but I love Diane and there's no way I'm letting her get hurt in that house."

"Don't do anything stupid Greg" I ignored my mum and marched towards the door, slamming it shut behind me.

I hope you understand mum.

                        ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️

My Happily Ever After? जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें