19-SOMETIMES, LOVE SUCKS

SHIVER
        ⛏️ COLDPLAY

       ✒️DIANE'S POV
  When I would watch those movies,  those crazy romance movies,  this would be the time were the girl runs out and the guy follows. But my legs froze in place.  I couldn't move.

'He loves me'

Tiara's voice rang in my head.

"What do you want?"Tiara snarled. I realized they were both looking at me.

"uhm.. John,  I need to talk to you"

His fists clenched on the table and my knees felt weak. My brain urged me to just leave but I really needed to tell him about Tiara.

  "Get out,  Diane"His voice was cold and distant. Tiara's lips curled up in a smirk.  She gently placed her hands on his shoulder.

  "We have plans, why don't you just leave"She snorted.

I wanted nothing more than to grab her hair and make her eat her words but that would Just make me the crazy bitch.

  "It's important"I muttered.

John bolted from his chair. His cold eyes were fixed on me and his jaw was clenched.

  "Get out,  before I do something I'll regret"He said through gritted teeth.

   Why did things have to get complicated.  Love? What is that ugly word. I loved romance,  I loved everything cheesy but sometimes,  love sucks.

   I turned on my heels and headed out. If there was anything that my crazy pursuit for love taught me is that, hate overpowers love.  Hate can blind and make you do the unthinkable.  Hate is like a knife that cuts every piece of trust.

And that's what John felt for me, HATE.

    I ignored the whispers as I made my way to the elevator. They were probably talking about the article. I sighed when the elevator opened and I got out.  The lobby was empty except for the receptionist and few people who sat in the waiting area.

  I pushed myself to move.

"Excuse me"A voice called out.  I turned and two green orbs stared at me. "Diane right?"

He looked oddly familiar and the way he smiled at me made me feel uneasy.  He offered his hand for a handshake which I hesitantly took.

  "Yes,  Diane Coker"

"Well it isn't really Diane Coker anymore, Mrs Carter"

He was slightly taller than I and so I had to strain my neck to figure out were I knew him from.

"I'm Luke,  John's trusted confidant"

That's right,  the guy who flirted his way through my wedding.

  "I would rather not be thought of as a flirt but instead,  a man who spreads happiness"

I cringed realizing I said that out loud.

"I'm sorry,  it's just that... It's true"

He placed his hand over his chest and sighed dramatically. "Ouch"

"Luke,  I have to go,  it was nice... Okay, it wasn't really nice meeting you"My mouth seemed to work faster than my brain.  I hated pretense.

  "Oh no,  I must definitely buy you a drink? Lunch? anything" He said with a coy smile.

Is he trying to...

  "Flirt, yes I'm trying to flirt with you." He tilted his head backwards as if observing me "You look sexier than before"