22-THE DIVORCE(3)

And when it hurts like crazy,
You will appreciate me,
'cause no one else will love you more,
And take the pain from your thoughts..

         🌟LOVE IS PAIN
     ▶️FERGIE

➡️ARIANA'S POV

  "So you're leaving"Luke said. It wasn't a question. It was like he already knew. His eyes were still fixed on the  road. He was taking me to Liza's house.

"How did you find out?"I asked him. His lips curled up in a smirk and he arched a brow,then for a brief moment he turned to me before returning his attention to the road.

  "I have my ways"

And then I remembered I left the file on the table while Greg and John were trying to kill each other.

"Shit"I belted. Luke must have seen it. "We have to go back"I told him.

He didn't budge, he continued driving.

"Leave it"He simply said. He knew what I was talking about but why would he tell me to leave it?

"Luke, we have to go back, it's important"I pulled on his arm gently.

"Are you trying to get us killed?"He shrugged my arm away. "He will get it for you"

Who? John?

I highly doubt that. If he didn't stop me from leaving, he sure as hell wouldn't have them sent to me.

"If you do not turn this car around, I will jump out the window"I threatened. It was an empty threat though, I wouldn't want to kill myself. But I hoped he would get the message.

But no, HE DIDN'T.

I forgot that Luke was just another narcissistic maniac, like John. He just yawned as if to show his disinterest.

That's it.

I unbuckled my seat belt.

"I'm gonna jump now"He chuckled and then pulled up the window glasses, shutting them.

"Just relax Anny, It's gonna be fun"

I crossed my arm in defeat and glared at him.

                        ⏬⏬⏬⏬

I blinked severally. I shut my eyes, counted to ten and then opened them. I really prayed that it was all my imagination. But no, it wasn't.

I was staring at the TV screen which displayed a picture of I and John, announcing our divorce. Suddenly, the couch felt too small and I rolled off, falling to the ground.

Shit shit shit shit.

Mum,dad,Adrian.

Sweet father of bacon.

I put up the volume.

    "...to finalize the divorce. Although the couple have agreed to an amicable separation, the question is,WAS IT THE INFIDELITY OF MRS CARTER THAT CAUSED THE UNTIMELY END OF HER MARRIAGE...."

I couldn't decipher what the news reporter was saying anymore. My phone was ringing and I didn't want to answer. It must be Mum, Dad or possibly Adrian.

My eyes turned glossy and for a moment I couldn't breath. As if fate was not on my side, the doorbell rang. The moment I opened the door, sharp flashes of cameras blinded my eyes. I slammed the door shut and hurried over to the window.

  There were reporters everywhere.

Oh my God.

I had seen this a lot in movies  and I knew it was a bad idea to go talk to them. Those people were willing to suck whatever story out of me, true or false. I wasn't ready for that.