5-JOHN CARTER

John's POV

"Sir, your parents are here to see you"Linda, my secretary, said over the telephone.

"Let them in"

My parents walked in. My dad settled on the velvet red sofa at the corner of my office and my mum sat on the chair across my table.

"You really gave this place a total new look"My dad, Gabriel, said as he looked around the office. It was once his.

I stood up and grabbed a bottle of Scotch from the shelf and a glass cup. I poured a little and handed the glass over to my dad.

"It wasn't up to my standards"

"No drinks for you, Gabriel"My mum, Sarah said. She stood up and forcefully collected the drink from my dad. "Stop encouraging your dad to drink"

"I'm not a child"my dad said with a frown.

"What do you guys want? "I asked. I didn't want them to get into their little argument here. It was already 2pm in the afternoon and I had a meeting to attend to.

"That's no way to talk to your parents"My mum responded "You already know what I want"

Here we go again.

I knew what they wanted. They wanted me to bring the perfect wife home. I know I was already 28,but marriage wasn't and isn't on my agenda.

"You know I can't get married, mum"

"Stop this nonsense John. You think I'm gonna let you run this company without a wife. Look at me, your mother played a very important role in my life and I want you to have a smart and independent woman by your side when I finally sign this company over to you"my dad fumed.

"I have done a great job so far and that too alone" I retorted.

"I want to see my grandchildren "my mum added.

I noticed my dad was getting angrier by the moment. I always hated having this discussion with them. I had moved this company to success in such a short span of time, what more do they want from me?

I got up and walked to my file cabinet. I grabbed the documents I needed and turned to my parents.

"I have to go now, leave when you are ready"I walked towards the door.

"John, you do not want to provoke me. You know what will happen if you don't give us what we want"My dad thundered once I reached the door.

"Think about it John"My mum said.

I angrily left the room. Linda's desk was just outside my office. I threw the files I had collected earlier on her desk.

"Reschedule the meeting with Gallinton Corp for tomorrow and inform Luke to meet me at the restaurant "I ordered and left.

I couldn't believe my parents. Marriage was all they could think about. Fuck their stupid wishes.

Mark my bodyguard and PA was waiting for me at the end of the hallway. He pressed the elevator button once he saw me approaching.

I entered the elevator and soon we were at the lobby. As I stepped out of the elevator, I remembered the incident that happened here yesterday.

That bitch.

People made way for me as I walked to the door. I walked to the parking lot and my driver, Phil was already waiting for me in my mercedez maybach S600.

Mark opened the door for me and I got in the backseat. He hopped in the front seat.

"Where to, sir? "Phil asked.