7-THE BLUNT PROPOSAL

John's POV

"Get me Mark" I told Linda over the intercom. I had met with my parents for breakfast and had made it clear that I was bringing a wife home.

My Dad nodded in approval and my mum was so excited . There's really nothing I can do, I just want to get this over and done with. Now I needed to make sure that she agrees, no matter what.

Mark walked into the office and took a seat."You asked for me"

"Get me anything on Miss Coker and her family. And when I say anything,  I mean anything. Any weakness I could use against her. Do that before our dinner date" I told him.

He nodded in response and left the office. My phone erupted and I checked the caller ID. It was Tiara.

What does she want?

I answered the call as I tried to compose myself. I did not want to show any weakness.

"Hi J"her soft voice said over the phone.

" Tiara, what do you want?"

"Stop being a grouch, I just wanted to find out if you're free today" she asked cooly.

Every single part of me wanted to say yes. But I had to refuse. Tiara was now  a figment of my past.

"No,I have a date" I told her.

Well it's not really a date.

"Oh my God,that's great, finally you're going out there. I'm so proud of you J" She squealed. I imagined her jumping in excitement.

"Okay, I have to go" I ended the call.

She was happy?.  I didn't want to cling to my past. She was the only one that cared to listen,  that saw me for who I was, that didn't judge me. But she was never and could never be mine.

Fuck love.

                🔭🔭🔭🔭🔭🔭
Diane's POV

I sat on my couch contemplating if it was a good idea to not go. I knew arrogant people like him could do anything to get what they want.

I don't want my choice to affect my workers.

It was 4:00pm already. I left work early because I was so restless that I could not concentrate. Everyone was moody in the office. I guess they were really looking forward to the money we would get by working for JC.

I can't be selfish. I have to swallow my pride.

I got up and quickly freshened up . I put on a knee length summer dress. It was so hot outside.

I tied my hair in a messy bun and just applied foundation and lip gloss. I didn't want to give him the chance to degrade me for my appearance.

I glanced at the clock and it was already 5:00pm.

He can wait for all I care. I'm gonna take my time.

I locked the house and got in my car.
Flare was a very popular Italian restaurant so I knew were it was. I had actually passed by a few times but I had never eaten there. It was way beyond my means.

I arrived at the restaurant and got out of my car. I let out a deep sigh and walked in. I noticed the receptionist's desk at the corner and walked over to her.

"Good day Miss.  Any reservation?"she asked with a smile.

Her smile was infectious So I couldn't help but smile at her. "I'm meeting with Mr John Carter"