Diamond in the Rough

All things considered, what with the fate of the galaxies up in the air for the general time being... Jung Hoseok was feeling a touch more optimistic than he had been that morning.

Thanks to the team's stirring presentation, he had fully convinced Jeon Jungkook to join his special ops team.

Thus, Jung Hoseok was leading the way weaving between tents a with Jungkook hot on his heels. Jungkook was sharp, trying to take in the fullness of the camp's surroundings and find the method of order hidden somwhere beneath the madness of it all.

"Where...did all of these people come from, anyway?" Jungkook asked over Hoseok's shoulder.

The combat specialist-turned-military general of sorts replied casually, "Mostly from victim planets. Though you could say that a few of them came along... simply for the thrill of it."

"Huh?"

Hoseok gave a casual wave of his hand. "Don't worry too much. It's only natural that a rebel alliance like ours would attract a few outliers. And outliers can be useful."

Jungkook considered this statement carefully.

Their final destination was a nondescript tent. Hoseok swept the front flap aside and led Jungkook inside. This one was for living quarters, with four bunk beds stacked in the back and a mess of dirty plates, open boxes, clothes strewn about, and a very messy table with toothbrushes and deodorant sticks scattered about.

"First things first: welcome to your new living quarters."

Jungkook stuttered. "E-excuse me?"

Hoseok nodded. "Units share a living space. This is ours. No more sleeping with Tae. ...At least not when you're on-call."

"How many people sleep in here?"

"You'll make eight. Eight men sleep in here."

Jungkook didn't think any surface in that tent space was safe enough for his own stuff, his own body, let alone seven other men.

Just then, a man in black slunk from the shadows. He was running a few fingers through the back of his black mullet and looking slightly amused.

 He was running a few fingers through the back of his black mullet and looking slightly amused