Chapter 46- Time Travel

LUKES POV

"Slow down your eating Luke." Grayson and Olivia say at the same time.

"JINX." Olivia yells as she turns to Grayson with a big smile on her face. When Grayson doesn't respond her smile drops as she looks to the ground. Reminded he can't see her.

"It's ok," i say to hopefully make her feel better, but not in a way to make Grayson suspicious. "I'm sorry, I'm just in a rush, I just want to go to bed and talk to Olivia... dream wise." I hated lying to him, I was going to eat dinner in Olivia's room but he insisted that we should have it together. From now on.

"She visits you?" He stops eating and looks at me with shock.

"Maybe. I don't know but sometimes I see her in my dreams. And I'm happy... sometimes it's the only time of the entire day that I'm happy." In a way it was true.

When I had difficulty sleeping Olivia would help me, and she would look in my eyes and start up a memory of mine, and sometimes she's able to get in it and relive the moment with me. But mainly I just looked forward to the late night talks with her. She normally stood by my side until I fell asleep, and she was by my side when I woke up as if she never left. But she did leave. Every night, she would talk to someone and then leave.

Whenever she's able to enter my dream she always has a clock nearby and when it rings she's gone. She lets me know when she's leaving but she some how always knows when to be back.

"Lucky you. You're seeing my sister more than me. I guess it makes sense. She was only my sister, but to you... she was the one you were suppose to spend the rest of your life with."

I choke on my food when those words left his mouth.

"WHAT?!" I hear Olivia say.

"Hey you ok?" Graysons starts patting my back and passing me my glass of water. "I told you not to eat so fast."

"Sorry, I just, I didn't think you were going to remind me..." I look back to where Olivia was standing and she's gone. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "It hurts sometimes. The thought that I'm really not ever going to get her back, that the only time I'll be able to live my life with her is in my dreams. I never even got to tell her... SHE DIDNT EVEN LIKE ME!" I get up from my seat and kick the chair. "I just... I wonder, when your mate isn't 16 when you meet them and you're way pass 16 you stop aging temporarily, but she died without hitting 16. Do I still stay at this age until the day I die?"

****

"Pshhh Olivia are you in here?" I whisper as I enter her room. I glance around once but she's not there, but when I do the second time I see her staring out the window.

"Yes, right here..." I open my mouth to speak but she beats me, "when I was younger I use to get up early to watch the teenagers come in from the woods, doing... you know teenager stuff, well the ones with the mates, they would go on for runs in the morning and then come back all happy and refreshed. It's like there morning coffee. I use to think, wow I can't wait to be old enough to be let out of my room without someone watching me. To have my wolf and go on daily runs with my mate.  I didn't know I'd die at the age of 8 though."

"And you probably didn't expect your mate to be someone who hated the Royals, and the people that live in there pack. Probably didn't expect him to be so old either." I let out a chuckle but she didn't. She glanced back at me not ignoring what I had just said.

"I'm sorry for this mate talk. I know you lost your mate a while ago, it's just... i dont know why, it was just on my mind when I came back."

Confusion crossed my face. Did she not remember what just happened?

"Are you alright?" I ask her as I lock the room door and sit down on her bed.

"Yes why?" She turns to fully face me.

"You don't know who your mate is?" I ask slowly.

"No, I died before I met him Luke."

"But... Grayson just said who he was when we were eating dinner. You heard him. You reacted to who it was."

Her eyes widen. "HE DID? WHO IS HE?" I stood quiet for awhile from the hurt I felt from this. Was she being serious or did she not want to accept it? "That face means you know him. I'm sorry I don't remember that..." she stares at the bedroom door for a moment. "I'll be right back."

I put my face in my hands. "Sure thing. Take your time." When I look back up she's  gone. A sigh escapes my lips.  What was simply a few minutes a felt like hours without her here.

This is the mate bond. She's the reason why I tried to kill myself. If only a few minutes felt like hours without her imagine a life time. Misery. That's what it'll be. A life lived of sadness. Waking up everyday and not being happy because the one person who was suppose to make you happy wasn't here.

I lay down on the bed and shut my eyes.

"Don't go to sleep without me." I hear a voice whisper. It startled me but I recognized the voice to be Olivia. She was back and I was happy.

I sit up as a smile comes to my face. "I wasn't planning on it Princess."

Her face was serious. "Luke, let me tell you something. And this is actually suppose to be a secret but I'm trusting you."

"Don't worry not like I can tell anyone that will believe me anyways." She lets out a light laugh as she nods her head.

"When I leave for those short periods it's because I'm going back to my original time. I have to hold the important memories there. The person helping me decides which memories she should take out, which ones I won't need as of that moment. Maybe she felt me knowing who my mate was shouldn't be saved because I need to remember more important things, or maybe because you can always tell me if I ask."

"Grayson might talk about him all the time. You'll eventually find out again.  But what did you mean by your time?"

"As of now, at this moment, I am in a deep slumber, which is why my body isn't decomposing. I haven't woken up, like in this form. I will wake up for the first time in a year from now, trying to catch up on what has happened. But I need to come here and change some things. You see in 'my time' the war is happening, well not a physical one yet, just a verbal one. I need to come to the past which is now and make sure the war is stopped or we win with very little people dead from both sides. I need to make sure pack Alphas, Betas, Luna's and every next generation of those are safe and no deaths come to them. Every night when I leave I'm going back to see what I have changed to see how it's going. Then I come back exactly 1 second before you open your eyes. Those are things I'm remembering too. The time you wake up. I also remember that I am to be a lot nicer to you. I don't know why, I wanted nothing to do with you at first  but I think I was given an information that has me treating you differently. I just can't seem to remember it." She turns to me. "Do you have a clue of what it could be?"

Our mate bond possibly, instead of saying that I just shake my head.

Who ever took her memory of me being her mate out didn't seem to take it out completely because the bond is making her act differently around me. A small smile comes to my face.

"So, time travel. Can you tell me if I get any good looking in your time?"