Chapter 2 -Baby Sitting The Princess

"...happy birthday to youuu! Go ahead sweetie blow out your candles and make a wish."  I looked up and saw my mothers beautiful face.  Tan skin completion, she always loved sun bathing, and her bright blue eyes.

I blow out the candles.  Right as I was about to close my eyes to makes my wish I felt a sharp pain in my legs.  I collapsed instantly.  The pain didn't stop there.  I felt another sharp pain in my back.

"MOM!"  I scream.  I turn my eyes to look at my mother who eyes looked to be proud and happy, that left right away as soon as she noticed all the pain I was in.  She was at my side.

"Bob come here, now!" She yelled for my dad then turns back to me.  "Honey you're shifting into your wolf."

My dad comes and already knew the situation.  "Quit take her outside." He says.

My parents carried me to backyard which, luckily, led to the forest.  The pain didn't stop for another 5 minutes. 

I stood up on all for legs.  The same height as my parents.  I turned to look at them.  They both looked shock.  I just stared at them.  Waiting for a response.

Mom finally notices me and says, "Honey...you're a... a.... a white wolf."

My eyes shot open.  I had tears in them.  Mom.  Dad.  Its been a while since I had a dream with them.  A good dream about them.

I turn to look at the clock.  5:34, I was not going back to bed so decide to get ready for my day.

I decided a nice warm bubble bath will help me relax and think clearly, after that memory I was going to need it.

The dream was my 16th birthday.  Mom and Dad had brought the cake into the living room to surprise me.  But in the middle of singing Dad had to go upstairs because the Alpha had called so Mom finished singing the birthday song to me.

Everything happened so fast.  Just a few minutes after that i found out that I was a white wolf.

I finished up my shower and got into some casual clothes.  I don't think it would be necessary to put on my warrior uniform since I'm just baby sitting.

....
"Olivia this is Aspyn.  Your new guardian." Johnston says looking back up at me with a smile, in which I kindly returned.

We stared at each other for at least 6 seconds in silence.  It wasn't awkward or anything.

"Johnston!"  Olivia said.  She sounded a little surprised for some reason.  "Is this your girlfriend?"

We looked at her and then back at each other and let out a laugh.  "No Olivia she's not."

"Why isn't she?  Johnston you must be blind.  I mean look at her she's so pretty."  Olivia says looking at Johnston.

Johnston looks at me and smile. I smile back and let out a small giggle.

"And look you guys are totally into each other."

Johnston faced her and got down on one knee.  "I know she's pretty.  And you got that right I'm totally into her.  But you remember what I told you about my mate?" 

His mate?  He has a MATE?  I can't believe this fucking shit.  This whole time I thought he liked me like really liked me.  I thought our feeling was mutual but guess i was wrong.

Olivia nods her head.

"I'm not ready, it's too soon.  And she doesn't know about Chloe yet.  But I'll tell her, just don't push it please, okay?" Johnston says.

Olivia nods.

Chloe. CHLOE what the fuck did you do to him.  Johnston looked hurt and sad just thinking about that girl. I don't even know what she did to him.

She probably went rogue, my wolf Storm says.

Or he had to leave her cuz she is a psychotic bitch, I respond.

"Okay" Olivia's voice was soft and she sounded like she was going to cry.  "I'm sorry Johnston i didn't mean to remind you of her and make you sad"  i see her pull him into a tight hug.

"It's okay princess."

*****

"Come run with me."

"In wolf form or human form?" I ask Olivia.

"Wolf duh." She wasn't being rude I learned that she thinks every one can read her mind since she can't really control her mind links.  And since I'm new to the pack I don't have a link with anyone but Johnston.

"No it's okay."

"Why not?"

"I just don't like running in my wolf form."

"When was the last time you did?"

"When I was 16."

"Why don't you do it any more?"

"It's personal and..." I whisper "dangerous"  I trust her and since I'm part of her pack she deserves the right to know.

"Oh.  Is it because when you're in your mate can smell you from miles away?"

That obviously wasn't it but she doesn't need to know exactly why yet. "Yes that's exactly why."

"Are you scared or nervous to meet him?"

Confused on who him is I ask, "Who?"

"Your mate."

"Nervous yes, scared no."

"Why are you nervous, your so pretty and he wouldn't reject you.  He'll be stupid to that."

"Why would not being with me be a stupid move?"

"You radiate power and strength.  I wouldn't be surprised if you are a big wolf..... Or even a white wolf."  She stares at me, as if waiting for me to deny it.

But i don't know if I should.  My parents always told me to be proud of it.  Yet my parents and I being proud of it and doing normal wolf shifting activities caused the death of them.  And a wipe out of that pack.

A tear almost slipped out, but a soft voice kicked me out of my thoughts.

"You're the 16 old girl, right?  The one who howled a very strong and powerful howl one night and two weeks later they tried to kill you and your whole pack."  She knew.  I couldn't lie now.  But how did she know.

"Where did you here all this stuff?"

"My brother.  He said that powerful howl was his mate.  He went searching for her and the pack he heard the howl from was destroyed.  But he knew that his mate was still alive... That you are alive."

"Olivia your a funny child what makes you think I'm the white wolf, that I'm your brothers mate,  I don't even have Alpha blood in me."

"There's a lot you don't even know about yourself."

"Excuse me?"  I'm confused how does she know all this.

"I'm a gifted werewolf.  By looking into someone's eyes I can get information about there past.... Even things they didn't know about themselves."