Chapter 27- Mate Talk

GRAYSONS POV

"Daily reading?" I question as I continue to eat my breakfast.

Rosa nods at me as she's helps Aspyn eat some of her food. "She's not such a good speaker. Mostly because we've been training her body and not her language. We need to work harder on her dialogue, make sure she pronounces words properly."

"Wayson wead wit me?" Aspyn asks looking at me in my eyes.

"I would love to. Anything for you, love." A big smile plays on her face as she continues eating and I return it. "But you have to promise that when you can you will start practicing on your cooking because I really really really miss your cooking." I beg. She lets out a light giggle but nods her head at me.

Olivia and Jace walk into the house  and come to the kitchen where Rosa, Aspyn, Bob and I are eating breakfast. I stayed over last night with Aspyn while Olivia went to Jace's house.

Olivia comes over to me and engulfs me in a hug.  I Smile at her as I wrap my arms around her in return.

"I got a cool trick to show you!" She says excitedly as she pulls away from our hug and grabs my hand and Aspyns hand.

I see the darkness again. The crying screaming sound too. Other voices mumble in the back sounding so familiar but I just ignore them as I see the blurry image in front of me clear up. Green eyes are the first thing that appear.

It's me. I'm smiling down at Aspyn.

I remember this day all to well from the clothes I was wearing to the surroundings.

We were at the hospital this was the day Aspyn was born again.

I blink a few times and see Olivia smiling at me.

"Cool right." She brings her hands to her sides as she jumps with joy. "I practiced last night with Jace and Nikki."

"Yup. It was great. She was patient and it just happened, she showed me a piece of Nikki's past. And Grayson, buddy, you just so happened to be in it. Spin the bottle, huh?" Jace just smirks at me. My eyes slightly widen as I shake my head.

"Oh no. My first kiss. Ughhh. She showed you that? Why?" I pass my hand through my hair as I think back to that day.

It was my 16 birthday and I was bummed about not finding my mate, so my friends decided to throw me a party and we played spin the bottle. Nikki was 17 at the time and she played too. I just happened to spin the bottle and have it land on her.

"I asked her to show me the memory of her first kiss. And turns out it was you."

"I was her first kiss?! Really!? She told me she's kissed guys before. She even said to me that it was sloppy... Just so you don't go crazy alpha on me I just want you to know her and I were just close friends growing up and she was more like my older sister, so kissing her was very awkward and uncomfortable for me. Just saying." I blurt out putting my hands up in surrender.

Jace comes to my side chuckling and pats my back. "It's cool man. That was before she met me. I am not going to go crazy jealous alpha on you."

"What's it like?" Olivia asks walking to stand in front of Jace and I.

"What is what like?" Jace questions as we both look down at her.

"Not finding your mate at 16. Seems like all of you guys didn't find your mate at 16. What was that like?" She asks, curiosity dripping from her voice.

"Honestly it sucks, so fucking much, and you just want to cuss to the moon goodness." I tell her getting down from my seat and going down to her level. "It hurts and your sad for a while. But eventually it gets better. You start to travel the world on the hunt for your mate. The traveling parts sort of fun and you get this feeling inside. It's called hope. And it's the only thing that keeps you going." I glance over at Aspyn to see she's smiling at me.

"But don't worry Olivia. I have a feeling you'll find your mate at 16. It's nothing to worry about." Jace says coming down to her level as well. "And definitely don't start stressing over a boy now." He taps her nose and smiles at her.

"Yes PLEASE don't start stressing over a boy right now." I beg pulling her into a hug. "I don't want to think of my sister all grown up just yet."

She giggles and pulls away from my hug. "No boys. I'll wait for my mate, whether he comes when I'm 16 or when I'm 36, I'll wait and I'll use the hope to keep me going. But as of now no boys going to get into my head. Not until I'm 16 at least."

I chuckle at her response. "So that means no boyfriends?" I narrow my eyes at her waiting for an answer.

"No boyfriends." She says confidently as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"Yea that's what you say now." Jace stands up no longer at Olivia level. "But just remember some boys are evil and they'll hurt you. Lucky for you, you got two Alphas here that will kill any boy who breaks your heart." Jace tells her sternly.

"An me wo." (And me too.) Aspyn says glancing over at Olivia. She taps her head showing that she has mind powers, which when she is old enough we know can be very dangerous.

Her mind powers are getting stronger as she gets older and practices. Soon enough she'll be able to make us feel pain that's not even there.

Olivia giggles again as she rolls her eyes. "Great now I know for sure I won't ever have a boyfriend especially if you guys are around. Even my mate may not be around because you guys will all scare him away."

I pick up Olivia and carry her in my arms as I stand up straight. "Enough with this mate talk. Let's talk about your birthday that's coming up tomorrow." A big smile comes to her face. "Johnston is coming over to celebrate it here with you and then we will head back home so you can celebrate with mom and dad, ok?"

Olivia nods her head as she frowns. "Tomorrow is our last day with Aspyn. When will be the next time I'll see her?" She looks over at Rosa who looks over at Aspyn.

Aspyn thinks about it for awhile and then puts her fingers up. 8. I take in a deep breath.

"8 months?" I ask her slowly. She nods her head. I don't try to hide the pain that comes on my face. "You'll be... 13?" She nods again.

"We go City?" She asks as a smile comes to her face.

A sad smile plays on my face as I put Olivia down on the ground. "Sure. I'll take you into the human infested City... Anything for my beautiful mate."