Chapter 8- Cancer

Grayson POV

I wrap my arms around the closest thing to me. I pull it close to take in the scent. A scent that I love, my mates but somethings not right. I squeeze and whatever I'm squeezing it's too soft.

I shoot my eyes open. I look on the bed. She's not there. I jumped off the bed and look into the bathroom nothing, my walk in closest, empty, her walk in closet, empty.

I begin freaking out. I decide to mind link Johnston. "Have you seen her!?!"

"Who?" He ask confusion leaking from his voice.

"MY FUCKING MATE, HAVE YOU FUCKING SEEN HER TODAY?!?!"

"No Alpha what hap-" I cut off the mind link.

SHE FUCKING RAN AWAY!!

I go into my closet and put on some random jeans and a white shirt as quickly as I can, slip on some sneakers and start running downstairs.

Where the fuck could she have gone?

As I'm about to walk out the door I smell... Food cooking? I hear humming too.

I step back inside and close the door. I follow the smell to the kitchen.

And there she was. Making pancakes, and humming to a song I didn't know.

I let out a sigh of relief as I go up behind her and hug her. She was surprised and quickly turned around to see a relieved me.

"Grayson are you okay? I heard slamming doors upstairs, what happened?"

I kissed her on the lips which she at first she didn't respond but eventually did.

After a while she pulls away. She puts her hands on the side of my face, "Grayson are you okay? What's a matter?" She says with worry in her voice.

I look into her beautiful concerned hazel eyes. "I didn't see you this morning I thought you ran away. I got mad, worried and was going to go find you. But here you are... Cooking?"

She said she hasn't cooked since her parents died.

Aspyn POV

I didn't go last night. I couldn't. Looking at him and having his arms around me had me melting. That's what the mate bond does to you. I had mind linked Jace telling him that I wasn't coming. Of course he questioned me but I wasn't going to tell that I wanted to stay in bed with my mate.

I had gotten up at 6 in the morning and started cleaning the house. Grayson had said he was going to be up at 8 to get ready. So i had started breakfast for when he wakes up but he came down at 7:45.

"Yup. I woke up before you, I didn't want to wake you up so I cleaned up and decided to cook... For you." I turn back to the pancake I was making and flipped it.

"You didn't have to-"

"I wanted to. And besides you probably wouldn't want to cook all the time."

I turned off the stove and put the pancakes on a plate. Got some orange juice out and put it in a cup.

"Take a seat Grayson, this is your plate of food." I place the food down on the table as he sits.

"Where's your food?"

"I already ate. While your eating I'll get some laundry started, I saw you have dirty clothes in the basket." He nods his head as I walk upstairs.

*****

"You're cooking all the time now, that tasted fucking AMAZING!" Grayson says.

He was folding the clothes while I was in the shower. I left the door open to remind him to take the clothes out of the dryer for me.