Chapter 35 | Before I Get A Donor

C H A P T E R  35

C H A P T E R 35

We stand up and I feel Gavin's hand get tighter as we head through the large metal doors. We go into a small room and I grab the ugly gown I'm supposed to change into now. I usually do this in my mother's company but now Gavin's here and I think that would be uncomfortable for the both of them.

I head down the hallway into a bathroom and change in there. When I get back I jump on the bed and wait for my doctor to arrive.

"Hello Alex." Dr Miles enters the room and her eyes stop on Gavin, the only guy in the room. "You must be one of Alex's friends?"

"Boyfriend." Gavin says. I see the slight smile on Dr Miles lips.

"Is that so, I think I remember hearing about you."

I cover my face with my hands and hear Gavin's soft laughter. Could this be anymore embarrassing I was already in a hideous gown what more could they try?

"Is he here to get a blood test?"

I look up at Gavin who's looking back at me.

"Actually I haven't really talked to him about it." I say.

"Oh, well Gavin Alex is in need of a blood donor for her surgery, if you'd like to be tested we just need your ID and a blood sample." Dr Miles says, typing something into her laptop.

"No, I don't want him to be tested." I tell her.

"Surgery? What surgery?" Gavin asks me.

"We need to remove a tumor from her body and in order to do that we need blood."

Gavin looks disappointed, he doesn't look at me. "I'll do it, I'll get tested."

"I said no!" I snap at him. "I don't want his blood."

"He may not be a match." Dr Miles reminds me. "It is always worth a try."

I get off of the table and force him to look at me. "You can't do this for me, it's too much." I almost whisper it. "I won't let you."

Things have only started to get serious in our relationship and now he's willing to give me his blood? What if he wasn't a match? He'd probably start worrying about whether I would be able to get my surgery? If he was a match I'd have a part of him with me forever, what if things don't work out? Now I'm worrying. 

"Are you sure about this?" I ask him.

Gavin rolls his eyes at me. "Yes."

I nod my head and Dr Miles leaves the room. Once she comes back she makes Gavin sit down and cleans the area on his arm before she sticks a needle through his vein. She takes a small sample and then puts it away in a bag.