Chapter 02 | Before I Wear A Red Dress

C H A P T E R  02

C H A P T E R  02

The birds are chirping. The sun is out. This Friday morning couldn't have been better, well except for the fact that I woke up asleep on my floor. My thoughts haunted me at the remembrance of Gavin seeing me stalk him through the window. Then he saw me fall and never get back up?

I rub my head as I sit up groaning from the horrible pain I'm in. "Sweetheart what are you doing on the floor?" My mother laughs softly. "Your room is a mess." She begins picking up all the loose clothing from the ground.

"Tell me about it." I mutter finally getting up on my feet. My head feels a little fuzzy for a moment until I swallow my daily dose down with a glass of water. My life was like clockwork.

"Sara and I are gonna head out for some drinks after work, you don't mind do you?" My mom says.

Sara Cambridge, Gavin's mother and my mother's longtime friend. They've been working together for a few years now and considering they also live beside each other the two were best friends. Even if those two were friends Gavin and I certainly were not.

I guess he didn't want to associate with someone like me and I definitely wanted nothing to do with him. I was better off looking at him through my window and nothing else.

I shook my head. "Go have your fun." I tell her. I'll be fine by myself for the night."

She gives me a warm smile. "Okay."

As I eat the smallest portion of eggs I can hear my mother's car pulling out of the driveway on her way to work. Just another lonely day to spend. I got on my laptop, finishing up some lessons online. Yes I'm homeschooled, it has it's pros and cons. The best thing about it is the fact that I don't have to be pressured into trying to fit in, even if I wish I could.

Around three pm my friends showed up at my house. Most Friday nights we watch as many Netflix movies we can fit in before curfew and by curfew I mean Ash's curfew. His parents are pretty strict.

"Moms staying out late." I told Peyton. Her eyes light up as she collapses on the couch beside me. "But you know what happened last time."

The last time we tried sneaking out of the house we unfortunately got caught. My mom went on this huge lecture about all the things that could have gone wrong. Trust me I know all the risks, I could die. Leukemia causes your immune system to be very weak so I easily get sick. If I go to that party tonight and someone is sick, I'll get sick. It's inevitable.

"I think you should just stay home." Ash adds in giving me a warm smile.

I roll my eyes. "I'm sick of being in this house." No pun intended. "Can't I be a normal teen for once?"