Chapter 41 | Before I Spend Christmas Alone

C H A P T E R  41

C H A P T E R 41

"It's freezing out there."

I'm relieved when I see Peyton and Beckham.

"Merry Christmas." She hands me a present and I thank her. I unfortunately didn't get anyone a gift this year because I'm horribly sick.

"Would you guys like some hot chocolate?" My mother asks them and Peyton continues to nod her head very eagerly. My mother leaves and we take a seat on the couch.

"What happened?" Peyton suddenly asks me. "You've been crying and Gavin's been MIA."

"He ran his car into a stop sign the other night and he literally protects that car with his life, I figured something happened." Beckham tells me.

Great so now I have to worry about him? He's probably drinking again and we all know how he acts when he's drunk, stupid.

"I found out he's been lying to me this whole time, so I kinda broke up with him." I hate saying that out loud. "Do you know if he's okay?"

I shouldn't care as much as I do, I didn't put him in this position he did.

Beckham shrugs. "He hasn't answered any of my texts and keeps declining my phone calls, I only heard about the crash because Georgia was with him when it happened."

"Georgia, he was with Georgia." I can feel the adrenaline pumping my heart. My hands are trembling and I try to settle myself down when I see my mom walk into the room.

I didn't want to let him go but maybe he's already moving on.

I didn't want to forget about the way he kissed me, the way he smelled, the way he touched my waist and pulled me in. But maybe it would be easier to let him go because that's who he was, not who he is.

I was fine before him and I'll be fine after him.

"She didn't tell me anything about why they were together, but it could have been for anything they've known each other for while." Beckham try's to reassure me and it's not working. I couldn't even ask Gavin about it either because I wouldn't trust his answer. "He didn't tell you about Mia did he, what actually happened between them?"

I silently nod my head.

"Gavin's my best friend and I think lyings just easier for him rather then telling the truth, he doesn't like getting attached to things."

"No stop taking his side." Peyton snaps at Beckham. "Gavin's and asshole and he purposely does it for his own enjoyment."

Beckham rolls his eyes and then pulls Peyton into him and kisses the top of her head.

"We've all done a lot of fucked up things in the past but that's just what it is, the past." Beckham adds. "I've never seen Gavin really enjoy life until you came along I've also never seen him drink as much either-"