Chapter 36 | Before I Draw A Tattoo

C H A P T E R  36

C H A P T E R 36

"Why do you look like a prostitute?"

I take my seat at the dining table beside Gavin and ignore all the illusive comments Peter will manage to come up with tonight.

"At least I don't look like I haven't bathed in weeks." I say under my breath. I'm glad my mom finally finishes her last touches so we can eat.

As I get up Gavin stops me. "I'll serve you."

"I don't mind, I can help." I say. "You're are guest I should be the one serving you."

"Both of you sit down, I will serve you." My mom answers for the both of us so we take are seats once again. "Here you go."

I look down at the plate thats covered with Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine and a dinner roll. It looked delicious, my mothers cooking never failed to impress me, I don't get many home cooked meals too often now.

"I hate shrimp." Peter looks at the dish in disgust and starts picking out the shrimp.

"Nobody asked Peter." My mom sighs as she finally takes her seat beside him across from me.

I take my first bite and it dissolves in my mouth, I savor the taste.

"My mom could learn a few things from you." Gavin laughs mocking his mother's cooking skills.

"The spaghetti was only undercooked just a tad last time, give her some credit." My mom laughs. "Thank you Gavin."

"Gavin? That's a weird name." Peters eyes turn into slits as he looks at Gavin. "You know I never wanted a girl, originally I wanted a boy so that's how we named Alex it's short for Alexander."

I drink from my glass of water so I don't start arguing with him.

"Don't be silly Peter we named Alex after her great grandmother Alexis." My mom corrects him and he just rolls his eyes and takes another drink from his bottle of beer.

"How long do you plan on staying with Alex anyway, well I suppose not very long considering the circumstances." Peter laughs. "I'll give her a few more months before her organs start failing."

"Peter!"

"What? It's true we can't afford her treatment anymore." Peter nonchalantly shrugs.

"Could you at least pretend to care?" I tell him. "For once I just want you to care about something? Anything other than your damn alcohol."

The room goes silent before I feel Gavin grab my hand from underneath the table.

"You think this guy cares about you?" Peter begins again pointing at Gavin. "Your a slut, I mean look at what you're wearing? You're just asking for it!"

"Okay that's enough!" My mom stands up from the table.

I also get up from the table and Gavin follows in suit. "Fuck you!"