Chapter 42 | Before We Get A Second Chance

C H A P T E R  42

C H A P T E R 42

It's like I'm in some sort of trance and my eyes are only watching him in a slow motion recap as he walks in. I snap out of it when the monitor beside the bed starts to make a loud sound and it's obviously because my heart was racing uncontrollably.

"We brought you some flowers."

I know the whole room can feel how uncomfortable I am. I was still loopy from being asleep for so long, I close my eyes for just a second and feel myself falling asleep. I hear voices talking but I can't make them out anymore.

I wake up a few hours later and have my first meal of the day. My mom tells me everyone left for the night and that I'm going to stay in this hospital for a week before I can leave.

The next few days all I do is rest until the fourth day, they start making me walk around the hospital so I can regain my strength back. I didn't appreciate that so much.

"Do you want to try taking a shower?" My mother asks.

I know yes it's been four days since I last had a shower but I couldn't get out of bed until now and I was afraid to see the scar. The nurses have been the ones cleaning it up for me.

"Ugh, I guess." I sigh at the thought and she helps me get up. We slowly make our way into the bathroom and I tell my mom to leave. This would be the only time I could get any privacy in this place.

I lean against the counter and take off the gown. I then begin to tear away the bandage that's over my wound and look at it in the mirror. The incision isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's stitched up and a little red and bloody but it wasn't huge or anything. I turn on the water to touch it with my fingertips until it's the right temperature and step inside.

It's a struggle no doubt about that. I regret telling my mom to leave because I need her help but I decide to do it myself anyway. When I lift my arms up to wash my hair I can feel the stitches stretching so I give up with my hair and finish.

I do feel a lot cleaner now and more relaxed.

I change into the clothes my mother brought from home and when I walk out my eyes widen as I see Zach standing in my room.

"Hey." His lips curve up into a smile as his eyes meet mine. "You look great."

"Thanks." I say and he sees me struggling to walk so he carefully wraps his arm around me and helps me walk back to the bed. "I'm surprised you came."

"Yeah Beckham told me about everything, even about you and Gavin."

I sit on the bed and I wince but it's isn't because I'm in pain it's because I hear his name.

"Yeah something's just don't last forever." I force a laugh. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"No I get it." Zach nods his head. "I just wanted to give this to you and maybe you'll give this to him, he won't talk to me anymore and I doubt he'd accept it from me anyway, unless it came from you."