Chapter 25 | Before I Tell Him

C H A P T E R  25

C H A P T E R  25

"Tell me why you're bleeding?" I say following after him. I'm surprised when he stops in his place and turns around. His hands hold the sides of my face and I feel his soft lips press against mine.

"Stop talking." Gavin sighs after his lips pull away from mine. What, how could he just kiss me like that? "It was Zach."

His hands move to my shoulders. "You hurt Zach?" My voice sounds raspier, I really should be getting home soon. "Why? He's your friend?" It shouldn't surprise me anymore, Gavin hurts everyone around him.

"Don't be mad, I see the way he looks at you." Gavin tells me. "As selfish as I am if I can't have you no one can."

I shove him away and I can see a smirk growing on his lips like he expected me to react this way. "You're insane."

"I told you not to get mad." Gavin reminds me.

"And I told you, you don't get to make decisions for me. I can't deal with this right now I'm drunk." I try to defend myself, I see Gavin's car shining in the background. "I'll be in the car."

"Wait." Gavin adds. "Take these." He puts a pair of keys into my hand. "I have to grab something, don't think about leaving in my car or I'll kick Zach's ass again just for fun."

I roll my eyes at his threat. "Yes sir." I tease. I notice he smiles at my response and I'm not sure where that came from but I enjoyed being so confident with myself. I stalk my way over to his car and press a few buttons before it finally unlocks. I sit in the drivers seat without a second thought and start messing with the radio.

Grumpy Gavin will probably yell at me once he comes back because I've now changed the station to something I can sing along too. I tap my fingers on the wheel to the song playing and this seems to be the only highlight of my night.

I pull my phone out of my pocket but it's completely dead so that explains why my mom hasn't been calling? I'm sure she's worried but I felt much safer now that I had a ride home.

Coincidentally one of my favorite songs named Moonlight by Chase Atlantic starts to play on the radio so I turn it up. I see Gavin in the distance and I have this sudden idea. I open the door before turning the music as loud as it could possibly go.

"What are you doing?" Gavin rolls his eyes and walks my way, he seems shocked when I grab his hands and pull him closer to the sound of his blasting speakers.

"Dance with me." I say a smile growing on my lips.

"No, I don't dance." Gavin shakes his head at me as I put his hands to my waist.

"I don't either." I chuckle softly, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me. "I think you owe it to me, y'know after you humiliated me once again."