Chapter 23 | Before I Wake Up With Him

C H A P T E R  23

C H A P T E R  23

My eyes slowly open and I'm greeted by the sight of someone's chest I was resting against. Gavin was peacefully sleeping and he looked kinda adorable doing it. I don't know how someone could look so attractive as they slept.

I want to pull away because I know this is wrong but I don't. Instead I lay with him on my carpeted floor for a moment longer until I obnoxiously start poking his cheek to wake him. One of his eyes open to look at me and I think that's when he realizes he's in my room.

"Hey." I nervously reply sitting up from the floor.

"Fuck, my back." He groans out loud. I laugh lightly as he sits up and some hair falls on his forehead. His hand brushes it back and he looks over at me. "What's for breakfast?"

"Good one but you need to leave." I said grabbing my blanket from the floor I toss it back on my bed and turn around to find Gavin standing in front of me. "I'm not kidding."

"Afraid your parents are gonna find out I'm sneaking into your room?" Gavin chuckles at this and all I can do is feel a little irritated.

"I've already gotten into a lot of trouble because of you." I admit.

"You make me sound like the bad guy when your also part of the reason you get into trouble, you have to face it sooner or later that you like having me around."

I roll my eyes to play it off like he's wrong when in fact I did like having him around.

"You like that I drive you wild." He gently grabs me by my waist and pulls me into his chest that my hands rest against it and I try to push him away. "What? Afraid of temptation." He whispers into my ear I can feel the chills running down my spine. I shiver as he kisses my jaw bone before he lets me go and without another word he climbs through my window and leaves. Gavin was devouring my heart and somehow, he left me wanting to feed him more.

"Good morning." My mom smiles at me once I enter the kitchen. Peters passed out on the couch and I watch as my mother cleans up his mess. "I'm taking Peter to find a job you don't mind staying here do you?"

"I don't really have another choice." I said.

"I suppose not but don't worry we won't be too long." She hits Peters arm and he jolts up from his position. "Get up!"

Sometimes I wished to have a perfect family until I realized they don't actually exist. It was interesting to see the way my parents acted with each other. I can see my mother still cared for Peter but I could never imagine the two of them being compatible. I'm guessing after I was born they drifted apart so I'm the reason they fell out of love.

As sad as it sounds if I had died I only hope my mother could find someone who cared for her as much as she does for everyone else.

I go back into my room and take my medication before I hop in the shower. The waters warm and it feels good against my skin. When I step out I notice a few red patches on my stomach and chest. The doctors told me this would happen eventually which meant my leukemia was becoming more disruptive to my blood stream.