Chapter 18 | Before I Think I'm Dying

C H A P T E R  18

C H A P T E R 18

I pull away and I know he notices I'm now uncomfortable and I probably shouldn't be. But something inside me is saying to run away because I can't have that kind of relationship with someone, I'll put them through so much and it shouldn't be that way but unfortunately it is. 

"I'm sorry, I remember my friends needed me back in the other room." I said and before he can even reply I escape within the room. I make it into the empty hallway and lean against a wall where I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"What are you doing here?

I quickly recognize that husky voice.

"Gavin." I say almost relieved yet not relieved at the same time. "What do you think I'm doing here?"

"What's in the cup?" His eyes shift down and I don't know if he's actually looking at the cup or my outfit.

"Beer." I shrug nonchalantly before he pulls it from my hands. "Hey what the hell?"

"So now you're partying and drinking?" Gavin furrows his eyebrows at me.

"Give it back." I said reaching for the cup once more but with my luck he's incredibly tall and I can't reach it. "Forget it." I groan.

Gavin laughs in amusement. "Who brought you here?"

I cross my arms over my chest. "My friends."

"Well I'm taking you home." He finally puts the cup to the side and grabs my arm. Geez is this how it felt to be man handled? His hold on me didn't even seem to hurt either.

"No, when did you start controlling my life?" I said wiggling out of his hands. He stares back at me and for the first time Gavin Cambridge doesn't know what to say.

"When did you start liking parties?" Gavin glares at me.

"Hey Alex did you find your friends?" Zach approaches the heated argument and even if I did avoid him a couple minutes ago I'm glad he's here now.

"Not yet." I tell him. "Someone decided to take my drink."

Gavin rolls his eyes. "Alex is a lightweight one cup of that and she'll be out for a couple days."

Ugh! There he goes again I can see that smile forming just as he takes a sip from his drink.

"Shit I didn't know." Zach replies.

"He's lying." I add.

"Really Alex? I'm the one lying?"