Chapter 32 | Before I Fall

C H A P T E R  32

C H A P T E R 32

I pull my bike up to the house and lock it onto a nearby post. I was going to spend my night alone until Peyton texted me telling me Gavin was at this party and that he wasn't acting himself. 

I decided to ride my bike all the way here so here I am. I walk into the party before someone jumps in front of me. "You're here!" Peyton squeals and pulls me through the crowd of people. "Guys look my best friend is here."

I look at the couch Peyton's facing and see Carver and Beckham sitting down. I wave at them and then Peyton takes a seat on Beckham's lap.

"Want to go get a drink with me?" Carver asks once Beckham and Peyton begin making out beside him. I laugh and nod my head. "Who brought you to the party?" Carver adds.

"I road my bike here." I say and just saying that out loud makes me sound like a loser.

Carver laughs. "That's a great idea, saves gas."

I nod my head and we turn into a larger room. We stand beside a white table that has lots of alcohol on it, most of it was gone by now which meant most of the people in here were gone by now. "Look there's Gavin." Carver points in the direction and I see him standing with Georgia.

What? I stay calm because I don't want to cause a scene not like last time, besides he could just be telling her to leave him alone.

"For you."

I take the cup from Carver and put it to my lips. I knew all of this alcohol consumption was horrible for me yet here I am doing it anyway?

I turn to look back at Gavin and see Georgia had finally walked away. I start making my way over to him and I know he sees me he just chooses not to and walks away. I stop in my place and feel my heart sink into my chest.

"He's been acting weird all night." Carver says from behind me. "Should we go back to the couch?"

I nod my head and follow Carver. The couch is now full of couples sucking each others faces. Carver starts talking to someone so I walk away and find Ash talking to Zach. I step back and crash into a group of people who exchange dirty looks at me.

"Alex." I hear Ash call out.

I quicken my pace to get away from him.

"Alex." Now I hear Zach calling after me. 

A couple turns the corner and block me from going any further, I let out a sigh I needed to get away from all these people. I try to find the exit until I'm face to face with Zach.

"Where are you going?"

I gulp down the lump in my throat. "I was looking for a bathroom."

"There's one upstairs." Zach says. "I can show you where it is?"