Chapter 03 | Before I Meet Him

C H A P T E R 03

C H A P T E R 03

I opened my eyes to reveal Peyton sleeping beside me. I sat up seeing Ash at my feet snoring. I rubbed my eyes in hopes that it'd wake me up somehow. I crawled out of bed, the red dress from the night before was on the floor; it reeked of alcohol. Thanks to the stranger at the party I had to get this washed without my mother noticing.

I picked it up and stuffed it into my closet. After that I head into my bathroom to see gross mascara residue underneath my eyes. I washed my face and dried it with a towel before grabbing the bottle of pills inside my cabinet.

"Wake up." I said nudging Ash and Peyton. They both groan in unison and toss and turn in the sheets.

I walk over to my desk wondering if Gavin was up yet? He didn't recognize me last night let alone know my name so I think I was in the clear. "Are you stalking Gavin?" Peyton says laughing under her breath.

I shook my head. "No."

"Do you wanna talk about last night?" She mentions.

"You mean when that guy spilled their drink on me or when Gavin nearly beat him to death?" I said. "No thanks."

"I mean, Gavin talking to you. He literally beat up that guy for you."

I roll my eyes. "Gavin would use any excuse just to fight someone."

"True." Ash blurts, his face was planted in the pillow. "Gavin's all bad news, Peyton's delusional."

"Am not!" She defends.

I cross my arms over my chest. "I'm done talking about him."

"Oh my god."

My eyes widen. "What?"

"Your wrist."

I look down at the light bruising just starting to form. Dammit.

I put on a light jacket and the three of us head downstairs to see my mother baking her organic waffles in the kitchen. My favorite. Well they used to be before she chose to by the organic batter and syrup.

"Did you three have fun last night?" She says, we all exchange nervous looks around. Does she know something?

"The usual." I said. "Netflix."

She nods. "Sarah was telling me about Gavin, you know him right?"

I nod. "What did she say?"

"She said he's been in a lot of trouble the past few weeks. Sara blames his friends." She laughs at the thought. "I told her anytime she'd like he could come and hang out with you."

"Your kidding. Mom I can't hang out with him." I protest.

"Hey we should get going." Ash says. Peyton starts nodding and they quickly head for the door. My mother waves goodbye and doesn't detect any suspicious activity.