Extra|~ Jungkook

Beginne am Anfang

"Hi, you're Jungkook?"  I nodded at her question.  "I wonder if you'll like my son, Woseok.  Actually he came here with me, why don't I introduce him to you?"  The young woman got up and went to go fetch her son who was somewhere.  She soon came back with a dark haired boy, looking at the ground but then looked up at me when his mother said so. 

He smiled softly as he held out his hand for me to shake. "Hello, I'm Choi Woseok.  We met earlier today, remember?" I nodded, shaking his hand slowly. "It's nice to meet you. . ."

"Ju—Jungkook. I'm Jeon Jungkook."

And that was the start of our friendship.

×

I set my book down, sighing since English was so hard to learn. I was currently sixteen years old, next year I would move on to high school. (A/N: I'm going by Korean Schooling if you don't know.)

It was 9:45 pm, usually I would go to bed at 9 pm, but my homework was catching up on me.  Mostly my English homework.  I decided to call it a night and work on all that piling homework the next day.

When I woke up, the sun shone in my face which earned a groan from me as I turned over on my side, facing the wall.  Today was a Saturday.  I should probably wake up and do something fun.

"Hey Woseok, can I come over?"

"Sure Kook!  I gotta get dressed though,"

"Same."

We both shared a knowing laugh as I finally hung up the phone, getting up from my comfy bed to put some proper clothes on my body.

If only I knew what I was.

"Woseok!"  I smiled, hugging my best friend.

"Jungkook!"  He mocked, letting go of me and pulling me inside his house, pushing the door shut behind us.  "Let's play some video games and maybe then we can have something to eat yeah?"  I nodded after him as we made our way up the stairs to his room to play some games for awhile.

But all I could remember were the sirens,

Woseok and me jogged downstairs after playing games for a straight two hours.  Of course we needed to fill our stomachs, and Woseok was my personal cook since he was great at cooking.

"Okay Kook, can you pass me the tomatoes?"  Woseok asked as he went to grab a rather sharp knife.

The screams and cries,

"Yeah I got them,"  I said as I passed the ingredient he asked for, smiling back as he smiled at me.  "Did I ever say you were a good cook?"

"You always say that."

"Yeah. . .  But it's true and you need to know!"  I chuckled.  "I want you to become a known chef one day.  Maybe you could own a restaurant and be famous and—"

"Ouch!"  Woseok winced, gritting his teeth as he stared at the blood falling from his thumb.  "Stupid me!  I shouldn't have cut the tomato so close to my finger.  Aish,"

The red in my eyes,

"Jungkook?"

The satisfaction when I tasted it,

"Ju— Jungkook. . !"

The regret I felt when he was gone.

"Woseok?  Wo— Woseok?  WOSEOK!!!"

All I can remember from that day was that my parents died because of me. . . 

That my best friend in the whole wide world died because of me. . . 

That I was lied to. . . 

That I was never told of my true identity. . .

That everything went downhill because of ME.

×××

A/N: How was this?  As you can tell, this was Jungkook's backstory, and it was filled with lies, regret, sorrow, and blood.