Chapter 22: Verified Physco

Start from the beginning

I found a seat in the kitchen and made myself comfortable. I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Danielle?" I heard Max enter through the doors we just came from.

"Over here," I said kind of sounding upset.

"I'm sorry for leaving you without warning this morning, I thought you would have been asleep for a couple more hours."

I looked at him and looked at Bear, "What would you call a person if they had the ability to communicate with other species?"

"Slightly psychotic I guess, assuming that they were making it up," he spoke nonchalantly.

"Well, I guess I must be psychotic then," I mumbled.

Bear stretched and sat up perfectly on my lap. "You better tell him now," he meowed, "or I'm guessing he would eventually see you talking to me and take you to a physco ward."

I let out a huff as I knew Bear was right. "Um, Max?" I asked claiming his attention. "I woke up this morning and the first thing I noticed was that I could talk to Bear. Please don't think I'm physcotic..."

"Well, then prove it," Max folded his arms.

I let out a breath of air. How the hell am I going to convince him? "Bear, um, go pick up that rag hanging by the sink," I said without any hand motion.

He hesitated slightly, "but it's so disgusting. Can't you see the grime on it? It's filthy!"

"Bear, I will personally pick you up and drag you out into that dining room and leave you there if you don't pick it up," I threatened and it worked. Bear hopped of my lap quickly and dulled over to the rag. Instead of grabbing it with his mouth like I hoped for he clawed it down and slowly drug it back over to me.

"That doesn't prove anything," Max said with a stern look on his face.

"But your my boyfriend, shouldn't you believe in me?" I knew it sounded quite corny, but I needed him to believe me.

Max looked down at Bear and then at me. He moved over to the counter where the turkey sat. He then pulled off the smallest piece and sat it on the counter beside the turkey. "Okay Bear, I want you to pick up that piece of turkey, don't eat it, and bring it back here and place it in my hand."

"What did he say?" Bear asked utterly confused. "Apparently I can only understand you, he just sounds like a barking frog."

I laughed slightly before repeating what Max said. "Did you understand it that time?"

"Yes, perfectly." He grunted not to pleased about the 'not eating' part.

"Go on now," Bear hopped up onto the counter and grabbed the small piece. He then hopped back down and strutted back over to me. Instead of handing it to Max he placed it on his shoe.

"That wasn't my hand," Max said rolling his eyes at the confused cat.

"Bear, that's not his hand," I told him making him the slightest bit more confused.

"How am I supposed to know what a hand is? In my word it's just front feet and back feet. You humans have upper hands and lower hands. Not feet and hands."

"Apparently Bear doesn't know the difference between feet and hands." Max laughed at him.

Bear scoffed. "I would know if I were able to understand everything. But apparently I am just a cat."

"Calm down Bear," I said handing him the piece of turkey. He ate it pleasingly. "Come on Bear, let's head back to the room."

"I'm coming back with you two," Max started. "By now most of the pack has left the dining hall. That means there will be werewolves everywhere."