Chapter 3: The Death Of A Piggy Bank

Hours had passed since locking myself in my room. I had cried, a lot. Bear was my only friend right now. I didn't feel like texting Haley. She would probably make things worse.

I laid on my bed facing the ceiling. I had pinned a picture of my dad holding me when I was a baby. "I wish you were here," I said out loud.

I needed to get away from my mom. I didn't like her anymore. She probably felt the same way about me.

"Hey Bear? How do you feel about going on a trip?" i asked the sleeping cat next to me. I let myself think for awhile before jumping to my feet. My eyes searched the room for one thing; my piggy bank. It was placed next to my alarm clock.

I took the pig in my hands, "Thank you piggy bank for keeping my money safe for all these years." I let it fall to the floor. The ceramic pig burst into a thousand pieces leaving behind cash. Bear had freaked out and ran to my door.

My mom hadn't come to see if I was alright so I assumed that she had gone out. Probably to have sex with her new boyfriend.

I bent down and picked up all the money and set it out on my bed. Five hundred and fifty three dollars and twenty eight cents was the total. I knew I had some other money stored in a box somewhere.

The box had been sitting on my bookshelf. I took it down and poured it onto my bed. It had about a thousand dollars saved up in it. I had been saving since I was seven years old. I think I was going to buy a unicorn with this money but my older self thought other wise. I had more money in my private bank account.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I grabbed it and looked at the caller iD. Haley.

"Hello?" I asked my voice sounding shakily.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to sleep over?" she responded quickly.

"Yeah sure, I love thanksgiving break." we had two weeks off of school thankfully.

"Um Dane? Are you okay?" I shook my head, "Dane?"

"Oh yeah sorry, spaced out a little. When can i come over? And can I bring Bear with?" I sat down on my bed. Haley was being calmer than usual which surprised me. And I have brought Bear over multiple times to her house. He doesn't mind it there.

"Whenever you want. And um I guess? I bought a fondue machine!!!! And some strawberries and marshmallows!!!" Hyper Haley was back. Strawberries and chocolate was probably my favorite junk-healthy food.

"Yeah buddy," I responded acting all gansta-ish. "I'll probably be over there in thirty minutes." I hung up and brought out to bags. One for clothes and the other for necessary items. I stuffed my pj's and a few extra pairs of clothes into the bag. The other one was filled with bathroom stuff, not going into details about that one.

I quickly wrote a note on a piece of paper: 

Dear Linda, 

I am staying over at Haley's. And I'm taking Bear with me.  

-Danielle

If you are wondering who Linda is that would be my mother. Yes I am calling her by her first name now because I am more then mad at her. I slipped the note under my door and slung my bags over my shoulders.