Oliver Wood x reader ~ busy

Requested by: made_up_world

Enjoy!
-

You were sitting with Oliver, your boyfriend. You were happy that you even got to spend time with him.. but he wasn't paying much attention to you.

'Then you have to fly down and cut him off. It's easy as that!' Oliver said to one of his teammates.

At first you thought it was great to see Oliver care about Quidditch like that. It was amazing to see him at his best.. but now he was completely forgetting about you. He never took the time to do anything with you.

'Maybe after your match we could get a drink.' You smiled while laying your hand on Oliver's arm.

He looked at you. You smiled at him.

'I'm afraid I can't.. the Slytherin books the field the day after. We'll practice right after.'

Oliver looked back at his teammates. You sighed and let him go. You couldn't believe this. You really liked Oliver but this was hardly a relationship.

You got up and walked away. Oliver didn't even notice it..

-

You were sitting with the Weasley twins. You had been for awhile. Seeing that Oliver was always busy you needed something to distract you. When your best friend Katie Bell wasn't there you'd sit with them. They were amazing at cheering you up.

'Seriously, I thought everyone knew about you and Oliver.' Fred said.

'I thought so too. Apparently some don't.' You said.

'I can't believe these guys. I mean, Y/N and Oliver have been dating for awhile now. I'm sure everyone can see it and still there are guys who ask her out.' George said.

You didn't tell them about anything that was going on between you and Oliver. You never held hands in the corridors, you never went on dates, if you walked to him after matches he'd just walk away and not even see you..

Oliver didn't see all of this. He thought you two were doing great. He saw how close you were with the Weasley twins. It wasn't only with them it was with all your friends. Seeing that he hardly put time in you, you started focussing more on your friend and Oliver started noticing it.

'Katie.' He said.

Katie was on her way to join you three. She stopped and looked at Oliver.

'Is there something wrong with Y/N? I mean she's not as close to me anymore as she used to be.'

'Are you finally seeing it?' Katie asked.

'What do you mean?'

'Y/N focusses more on friends now.. Seeing that you're too busy with Quidditch to notice her existence. You're lucky that she's even still your girlfriend. A lot of guys are asking her out.'

Katie then just walked away. Oliver looked at you. He couldn't believe how stupid he had been. He was about to lose you and he didn't even see it..

-

Later that day he found you alone outside, Just reading. Oliver wanted to walk towards you to talk to you when a guy he had never seen before approached you. You looked up. Oliver approached you two.

'Hi Y/N.' He smiled.

'Hey!'

You clearly seemed to know him.

'I had a question.'

You closed your book and smiled at him. All day he had been noticing guys staring at you and flirting with you. It was driving him mad.

'Ask away.' You smiled.

'Would you like to.. I don't know.. go out someone?'

Before you could say anything Oliver grabbed your arm, pulled you closer and kissed you. You recognised Oliver right away. You hadn't kissed him in ages but it was just the feeling he gave you. You kissed him back right away and smiled at him when he pulled back.

'Beat it, kid.' Oliver hissed at the guy who walked away right away.

'I missed that.' You smiled.

'Me too.' Oliver smiled at you. 'I'm sorry. I didn't notice how busy I've been. I don't want to lose you to those guys. Please understand that. Please forgive me. I'm sorry.'

'Of course I forgive you Oliver. I love you.'

Oliver smiled and kissed you again. He realised how lucky he was to have you.